DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rough cut of a night shoot with my Dji Mavic 2 Pro

The best way I try to explain to people about the Part 107 & hobbist are like my Driver License status. I have a commercial status (Class B) with several endorsements, Tank, Airbrakes, and few others. When I drive my personal vehicle, none of that applies, but if I get behind the wheel of a commercial vehicle all of my endorsement must match or exceed the type of vehicle that I will be driving. Part 107 kinda works in the same way, the key factor is that if you are flying for payment or furtherance of a business (including your own) you need to have Part 107 status. The one gray area still out there is Youtube and other social media platforms, some will say that its in furtherance of your business (if you receive payments from Youtube or even gain customers) advertisement. At some point, some smart lawyer will challenge this and we will see what the fallout will be as far as online content.
I see what your saying but at the same time but if you did not have your commercial class B license but only your personal, you could not Legally just climb into a tank and go drive around town. If the same logic were applied here as with recreational and commercial drone pilot license, you could.

How would the Mavic Pro handle this low light shot? I realize It won't be as good just curious if its useable?
I think the difference is in the size of the sensor, the M2P with its 1" sensor is able to take in more of the existing light providing a much more detail picture & video.

I see what your saying but at the same time but if you did not have your commercial class B license but only your personal, you could not Legally just climb into a tank and go drive around town. If the same logic were applied here as with recreational and commercial drone pilot license, you could.
I think your missing the point. What I am saying is this, Having Part 107 status gives you the opportunity to legally offer your services for profit. It has nothing to do with your ability/skill set at flying. The 2nd part is some are under the impression that once they get their Part 107 that every time they fly is under those rules. Each flight has its own purpose, and for most of us we go out and fly for fun & practice on our skills set to become better pilots. I'm a big F1 fan, and with home computers being as powerful as they are, racing simulation has become a big deal. Just about every driver uses this technology to practice and gain knowledge about tracks. Now with that said, there are online leagues that every day people race in, and at times you may run across a professional racer. He has the status of being a professional/licensed, but it does not keep him from driving for fun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929