DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Roundabout Hyperlapse

I personally think your drone movement and changing angle looks rather good. The only 'jerky' movement
I could see is the cars not as 'fluid' as they could be. I fixed that by using ND filter 1600 or 2000 with a long
shutter speed, utilizing more 'motion blur'. I have done the extreme where the blur is 3 times the car length.
I'm still experimenting.
Did you use a ND Filter? I'm going to guess YES.... because it gets REALLY JERKY without one, and your video
didn't look as bad as my 1st hyperlapse with no filter.
I know...... 1600 & 2000 is overkill, but I've gotten good results with the 2000 at night to get those
looooong tail light streamers.
Ilovethishobby!

Reactions: mavictk and MA2 317
I personally think your drone movement and changing angle looks rather good. The only 'jerky' movement
I could see is the cars not as 'fluid' as they could be. I fixed that by using ND filter 1600 or 2000 with a long
shutter speed, utilizing more 'motion blur'. I have done the extreme where the blur is 3 times the car length.
I'm still experimenting.
Did you use a ND Filter? I'm going to guess YES.... because it gets REALLY JERKY without one, and your video
didn't look as bad as my 1st hyperlapse with no filter.
I know...... 1600 & 2000 is overkill, but I've gotten good results with the 2000 at night to get those
looooong tail light streamers.
Ilovethishobby!
I did use an ND filter, but not a very strong one. I'll try again using a more dense filter and see how it looks. Not for a few days, though. Big winds coming in tomorrow through Monday.

Nice result! I have only done this a few times. I liked the results with my ND 1000

Reactions: dmanthree
Looks pretty good to me for a first time. I’d be happy with that but the ND filters seem to be the main improver for the future.

Reactions: dmanthree

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR