DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH error/zone???

Hayabusa

Reactions
I tried to go up New Year’s Eve here in south beach to film the fireworks which I’ve done multiple times. I have also launched from my house multiple times.

A red error popped up even before I went up sayin something like “ rth enters a no fly zone. Could have issues with rth “
I ended up not flying because I was nervous then .
I didn’t even launch so how would it know my path?

im wondering if they have changed the zones in my area. I’m right in the heart of south beach- miamI, FL.

weather is finally nice so hopefully I can get in some fly time, unlike last year of only a few.

I tried to go up New Year’s Eve here in south beach to film the fireworks which I’ve done multiple times. I have also launched from my house multiple times.

A red error popped up even before I went up sayin something like “ rth enters a no fly zone. Could have issues with rth “
I ended up not flying because I was nervous then .
I didn’t even launch so how would it know my path?

im wondering if they have changed the zones in my area. I’m right in the heart of south beach- miamI, FL.

weather is finally nice so hopefully I can get in some fly time, unlike last year of only a few.

here’s a screen shot of area.this is my house and can still launch but what does this mean?

im way to
Old for this content changing tech stuff.
I just want to fly.
379E4F03-C674-41B8-AAFE-3DAA8B6504AB.png

Yes if you fly and your home point is within a No Fly Zone you may have issues if it lets you take off.

I would go north to an area where you aren't restricted.

If the drone comes to a geo fenced area it will stop and not enter - I have read where people have lost their drones into the water as they could not bring them home.

The long strips on your map are height restrictions as they are in the flight path of landing areas - you can fly there but limited to a certain height and your drone won't go higher.

Good luck finding a spot.

I use to fly here all the time (like every week/day). I’ve never had any restrictions anywhere here in Miami Beach.
Did they restrict more areas?

Hi all- finally got out and flew yesterday. My normal spot. At 1 point the drone hit a virtual wall and stopped as well as my heart. Turned out that my max distance somehow was set to 1500’. Not sure but it was.
I’m really nervous about these geo zones. If It lefts me take off in this area then I shouldn’t somehow run into one and not get back.???
I’m really confused on this and love flying here.

Another thing that could cause an issue - lets say you have a non GPS device like an ipad mini 2 like I do - you don't download the maps for that area beforehand and you go fly - you may get a warning of some sort but no map as reference - food for thought !!!

Could add to the mayhem !!

I always add the maps before hand. I see the red box near the coast guard station so obviously don’t fly there but I’m now really confused on where I can fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake