Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH malfunction

IalexI

Reactions
Hi there,

I have problems with RTH of my MA2.

When I activate RTH, the drone has the following behavior:
1.) It flies for a short distance and stops.
2.) It increases the height by a few meters and continuities with 1.)

This happens now every flight under different conditions. I have experienced this behavior with a Mavic Pro, where the obstacle avoidance system detected the sun and would steadily increase the height without limit.

However, I have deactivated the obstacle avoidance and the drone still shows this behavior .

Could you please help me?

Thank you
Alexander

I have the same issue at different times as well. For me it doesn't seem to be related to the sun or the time of day. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it works flawlessly. I've decided to deal with it and not use RTH regularly. DJI suspects its a problem with the AC itself. One day I'll send it in for replacement.

Reactions: tlswift58
I have one comment that might be helpful for inconsistent RTH behavior.
Make sure that your "homepoint" is accurately recorded; I do this by hovering ~25 feet after takeoff until I hear the message "homepoint updated" (or whatever). I always do this, and have never had aberrant RTH behavior.

Why use RTH anyway? Have you lost VLOS per chance? If so, the map on the bottom left of the screen when tapped - pops out and provides a directional back to "home" wherever that may be depending on if you got it right away in "your" location or it got it 250 ft up and 500 ft out from where you are. RTH would do the same. I have used RTH on occasion and it's okay to use sometimes, yet in most of my flying - RTH may not be near where I and the controller may be due to finding GPS signals sitting in a bowl or under a canopy of trees.

Reactions: Dharris6891
Why do we need to discuss, why RTH should work?

If the controller loses connection with the AC, RTH will kick in and - if the malfunction described here - it will increase the flight height until it is in controlled airspace. I find this very disturbing.

Is there a way to analyze the logs of the AC to figure out the reason for this behavior?

PS: The home point is set correctly. I never start the AC without the message "home point has been updated". It flies in the correct direction, but it seems to recognize an obstacle (though obstacle avoidance is off).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson