DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

San Francisco to Nashville via I-80 - Where to stop and smell the roses?

CadrePilot

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'll be driving from the Bay Area to home near Nashville in mid-July this summer. One idea to entertain myself along the way is to use my drone to photograph cool stuff along the way.

Please share any ideas you have along my route.

TIA,
Jon

PS - Disregard the southern route (I-40). BTDT. Besides, the northern route might bit a bit cooler.

Attachments

• routes.JPG
    routes.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Torque
I-80 pretty much follows the Transcontinental Railroad. The start of that is a landmark and museum on the banks of the Sacramento river in Sacramento. Heading east there are multiple tunnels and famous “snow sheds” in the mountains. Then the Salt Flats and the airbase where the B-29 crews trained for the atom bomb drop. Explore some RV travel blogs and Railroad history for sites. Thats a start

I'll be driving from the Bay Area to home near Nashville in mid-July this summer. One idea to entertain myself along the way is to use my drone to photograph cool stuff along the way.

Please share any ideas you have along my route.

TIA,
Jon

PS - Disregard the southern route (I-40). BTDT. Besides, the northern route might bit a bit cooler.
If it were me doing this road trip, I would spend a ton of time on Google Maps, including the terrain maps, searching for places of interest for drone footage. Map out your entire route and follow it, plus, just play it by ear if you see some nice geological formations. I am sure you will be re charging your batteries in the motels along the way but I'd consider getting a car charging cord for you batteries.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: CadrePilot
Along with what @DougMcC said, there is Donner Summit/Truckee area. There is the old highway the goes up to an arch bridge that overlooks Donner Lake. Very scenic up there and not too far off of I-80. You can see some of the rail sheds there too.

Reactions: CadrePilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga