DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sand in Gimbal

Reactions
I landed my mini in some sand a few days ago and I noticed a gimbal stuck error message. When I move the gimbal with my hand I can feel it getting stuck on something. Is there any way to clean out the gimbal?

Thanks!

It can blow water (moisture) into the electronics!..You dont get that with canned air ;)
I will be careful of that, thanks for the warning! I will be only blowing into the gimbals one spot.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    88.7 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Xvtownboy
Deed done ?

@280 the air was the right way to go ,but please dont under any circumstances use a liquid product such as WD40 or similar to try it it can damage the gimbal and in fact can cause a worse problem as dust and sand will stick to it ,invest in a landing mat or if you are happy doing it hand launch catch if you can

Reactions: 280
@280 the air was the right way to go ,but please dont under any circumstances use a liquid product such as WD40 or similar to try it it can damage the gimbal and in fact can cause a worse problem as dust and sand will stick to it ,invest in a landing mat or if you are happy doing it hand launch catch if you can
Thanks for the advice. I was considering getting a landing mat because I am too afraid of the spinning propellers to do a hand launch or catch. I tried it once (I think I was doing it wrong) and it resulted in my fingers being cut.

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks for the advice. I was considering getting a landing mat because I am too afraid of the spinning propellers to do a hand launch or catch. I tried it once (I think I was doing it wrong) and it resulted in my fingers being cut.
A landing mat was one of only a couple accessories I bought initially...specifically for landing in "dirty" areas (which includes grass). Can't say that I would ever take-off/land anywhere near sand though...

Reactions: 280
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka