DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Satellite map in waypoint planning semi-greyed out?

CraigVMN

Reactions
As I was planning a waypoint mission with my Air 3 and the controller plugged into my Samsung tablet, I chose the satellite map view, but it was semi-greyed out, unless I put a finger on the screen, then the image of the map showed up as normal. What's up with that?

I experienced the same thing after the latest firmware update... possible new bug.

Yes, this is really irritating. You have to turn that layer off every time you fly. If anyone knows a way around this, I would be very, very glad to hear it.

Yes, this is really irritating. You have to turn that layer off every time you fly. If anyone knows a way around this, I would be very, very glad to hear it.
It's DJI's stupid way of implementing a new 1000m height limit when 50km away from the nearest airport, which then becomes the only clear layer, forcing the 500m layer everywhere else into a non-transparent gray-layer, which also hides all the truly relevant Altitude Zones around airports! The only solution is to turn off all Altitude Layers, which means the relevant Altitude Zones around airports are now also turned off! Dumb DJI!

• Wow
Reactions: @Rip
Tap the map to make it full-screen, tap the little circled "i" in the upper right. Deselect the altitude layers in the popup.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugan