DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Savannah and Tybee Island

Savannah is kind of a difficult city to shoot UAV footage in as most of the downtown and historic sections are within Hunter’s Class D and Class E surface areas plus Hilton Head Intl’s Class C surface area to the west.

I love flying on Tybee Island because of the Lighthouse, old Fort Screvin, the pier, and most importantly the beach. Can’t fly on the beach on Hilton Head Island legally but the Tybee Island folks say “just be careful.” Come over the Bluffton sometime.

Reactions: scoble08
Not all drone footage, but some good stuff in the mix...

Great video. We went up those steps. I said this guys brave flying right into the candy store haha. We love Savannah. Cool shots of the riverboat and the lighthouse. Did you take off from that Helipad by lighthouse? Haha

Last edited:
Great video. We went up those steps. I said this guys brave flying right into the candy store haha. We love Savannah. Cool shots of the riverboat and the lighthouse. Did you take off from that Helipad by lighthouse? Haha
HAHAHAHAHA, I wish, but no, I took off from the parking out in front of the lighthouse.

Reactions: RayKelly
Do you need some sort of permission to fly around the lighthouse? I am always afraid to fly there, got some shots around the most southern part of the beach once and the river, but I always get concerned about it...

Not flying over people is the problem, I have gotten some footage from the North Beach parking area Early in the morning.

Not flying over people is the problem, I have gotten some footage from the North Beach parking area Early in the morning.

Hmmm, guess I'm coming over for a sunset later today then, expect less people around the area and a nice horizon

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka