DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SC issue for first time user

Tourist

Reactions
Brand new and purchased together. On second time up, the video feed basically goes out with PSX_20200305_091751.jpghigh pink hue and only shows about third of the screen, but that partial screen is hued pink badly with lines and flickering. Happened while flying... we were only about 100' apart when it started. Landed and power cycled the SC. Same screen so resynced the SC and rebooted both...Being new, just wondering if this is a reoccurring issue with the SC? Or has anyone else experienced it.

OK just did it again at power on, took power cycling both the MV2PRO drone and the SC twice for it to resolve. Ugh

I'm a new user too, Tourist, so no advice for you. But by way of information, I fired up my new SC/Mavic 2 Zoom on arrival day before yesterday, after charging up and some initial updates. My screen was perfect. Nothing like the screen shot you have posted. In case that helps . . .

I'm a new user too, Tourist, so no advice for you. But by way of information, I fired up my new SC/Mavic 2 Zoom on arrival day before yesterday, after charging up and some initial updates. My screen was perfect. Nothing like the screen shot you have posted. In case that helps . . .
Thank you, appreciate the response. I've reached out to where I bought it from and they offered to exchange the SC (via shipping). I'm not sure its the remote though. Going through a few clips as I was playing with the photo settings yesterday, I see an issue on one of the files saved to the memory card. It has frames of white interlaced in the recording and frames with pink hue bands in them. Its only one of the multiple files shot today, but its there. and would make any clips there in unusable. I've reached out to DJI support directly through email. Hopefully its not a physical failure and a software issue they can resolve remotely.

Brand new and purchased together. On second time up, the video feed basically goes out with View attachment 95853high pink hue and only shows about third of the screen, but that partial screen is hued pink badly with lines and flickering. Happened while flying... we were only about 100' apart when it started. Landed and power cycled the SC. Same screen so resynced the SC and rebooted both...Being new, just wondering if this is a reoccurring issue with the SC? Or has anyone else experienced it.
That’s certainly not normal if it continues I would contact the DJI Or possibly exchange or return it.

Reactions: Gindra
I seriously doubt it is the Smart Controller ... It could very well be the aircraft, considering that it is showing up in your files.

Reactions: Gindra
OK just did it again at power on, took power cycling both the MV2PRO drone and the SC twice for it to resolve. Ugh
What is firmware version for SC?
Does the SC behave OK as an Android device? i.e. is the problem just when you connect to the drone?

It wouldn't do any harm to check the firmware on the drone and the SC and batteries. Maybe re-install Go 4?

Is the SD card in the SC or craft? The SC can be picky about some SD cards as indeed the craft can. Try starting up without any card and see what you see. If OK I would suggest try an new SD.

As @cyeung suggests if SC no glitches on its own then may be an issue with the craft.

Like some have stated, you need to decipher if it's the AC or the SC. Someone here recently had a bad camera on a M2P right out of the box. It too displayed that purplish hue, which is usually a sign of heat having ruined the camera's internal components. As has been recommended, try removing/changing SD cards in your SC and see if anything changes. I'd also make sure your SD cards are compatible with both the AC and the SC. Process of elimination can be a PITA but is neccessary. Please keep us posted with your final findings. Good luck!

What is firmware version for SC?
Does the SC behave OK as an Android device? i.e. is the problem just when you connect to the drone?

It wouldn't do any harm to check the firmware on the drone and the SC and batteries. Maybe re-install Go 4?

Is the SD card in the SC or craft? The SC can be picky about some SD cards as indeed the craft can. Try starting up without any card and see what you see. If OK I would suggest try an new SD.

As @cyeung suggests if SC no glitches on its own then may be an issue with the craft.
Thank you for the reply. I don't have a memory card in the Smart Controller. I used SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB in the Drone. The Smart Controllers works as it should except for the video feed issue from the drone. I did notice that the buttons seem to stop responding occasionally and temporarily while flying. The sticks stay true though. The SC firmware is 01.00.0510

Thank you for the reply. I don't have a memory card in the Smart Controller. I used SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB in the Drone. The Smart Controllers works as it should except for the video feed issue from the drone. I did notice that the buttons seem to stop responding occasionally and temporarily while flying. The sticks stay true though. The SC firmware is 01.00.0510

Like some have stated, you need to decipher if it's the AC or the SC. Someone here recently had a bad camera on a M2P right out of the box. It too displayed that purplish hue, which is usually a sign of heat having ruined the camera's internal components. As has been recommended, try removing/changing SD cards in your SC and see if anything changes. I'd also make sure your SD cards are compatible with both the AC and the SC. Process of elimination can be a PITA but is neccessary. Please keep us posted with your final findings. Good luck!
Thank you, this is an awesome community. I am online with DJI support now. The banding on the recording shows up with 2 different SD cards, its only a few bad frames in a few of the video shots.

Reactions: BullDoggBoyz
DJI support said I need to request a replacement for the package. (bought a package with smart controller, hard case, fly more, and bunch of misc stuff). Unfortunately, I have to wait to ship this one back to get a refund to re-order. It took 2 weeks to get this in after I ordered it. Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue. :)

Reactions: Thomas B
....Someone here recently had a bad camera on a M2P right out of the box. It too displayed that purplish hue, which is usually a sign of heat having ruined the camera's internal components.....

I remember that....wasn’t he in Florida and left it in the trunk? Something like that....and it had to be replaced.

I remember that....wasn’t he in Florida and left it in the trunk? Something like that....and it had to be replaced.

I believe you are correct. So I take that back...I guess it wasn't right out of the box. Well...it was right out of a hot box apparently, not out of a new DJI box. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fred Garvin
DJI support said I need to request a replacement for the package. (bought a package with smart controller, hard case, fly more, and bunch of misc stuff). Unfortunately, I have to wait to ship this one back to get a refund to re-order. It took 2 weeks to get this in after I ordered it. Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue. :)
That's good, but it sucks to a degree. Sorry to hear you now have to wait weeks before you can fly again.

Reactions: Tourist
Brand new and purchased together. On second time up, the video feed basically goes out with View attachment 95853high pink hue and only shows about third of the screen, but that partial screen is hued pink badly with lines and flickering. Happened while flying... we were only about 100' apart when it started. Landed and power cycled the SC. Same screen so resynced the SC and rebooted both...Being new, just wondering if this is a reoccurring issue with the SC? Or has anyone else experienced it.
If it is showing up in the saved videos, it's probably a camera issue, not the SC. If that is the case you must have a bad camera and the controller is just displaying the picture it is getting from the drone. That is truly disappointing I'm sure. Either an exchange where you got it from, or a trip to DJI service would seem like the only options.

Reactions: Tourist
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PMKMD