DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SC screen keeps going dark while drone is in flight.

bburnett15

Reactions
This may relate to my other question i just posted asking if buttons can be disabled.
lately, while flying recreationally below 100’ AGL and no further than 150’ distant, my SC screen keeps going dark (ie-off). It happens while flying VLOS only (not using the screen) and i notice when i glance down to see the drone‘s relationship to an obstacle or to check battery life and i see the screen is blank. The SC power LEDs are on and i will get the screen back on by pressing the power button- which brings up one of the first pages (Home?) you see when you first turn it on.

it may be that my left thumb keeps hitting the “Control” or “back” button. Its getting cold out so i was wearing lightweight gloves, which impede my ability to feel where my fingers are.

Last edited:
This may relate to my other question i just posted asking if buttons can be disabled.
lately, while flying recreationally below 100’ AGL and no further than 150’ distant, my SC screen keeps going dark (ie-off). It happens while flying VLOS only (not using the screen) and i notice when i glance down to see the drone‘s relationship to an obstacle or to check battery life and i see the screen is blank. The SC power LEDs are on and i will get the screen back on by pressing the power button- which brings up one of the first pages (Home?) you see when you first turn it on.

it may be that my left thumb keeps hitting the “Control” or “back” button. Its getting cold out so i was wearing lightweight gloves, which impede my ability to feel where my fingers are.
Well, obviously the screen doesn't know whether or not you are looking at it, so it must be that you're hitting a button while you're looking away. You could maybe have someone else watch while you're flying to see if they can spot what you are pushing, but it will probably come down to holding the controller differently.

Well, obviously the screen doesn't know whether or not you are looking at it, so it must be that you're hitting a button while you're looking away. You could maybe have someone else watch while you're flying to see if they can spot what you are pushing, but it will probably come down to holding the controller differently.
Yes- i recently came to the conclusion that while im not looking at the screen, the side of my left thumb is hitting the “back” button.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato