DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scrambled RC Pro Video Downlink Signal

RocketBrew

Reactions
I have been flying with the RC Pro and am becoming accustomed to it, but I still miss the larger iPad Mini screen I have used with the P4P for years. (I will try not to complain about the Flyy app running on it)

After upgrading the firmware, I flew two batteries at one project, then on the second battery at the next site, the video started to look scrambled.

I thought maybe it was the way overexposure worked on the RC Pro / Fly app, but it was not enabled. The second screenshot shows the same scrambled display with it enabled.

After scratching my head, I moved on to the next shot, and it cleared up and did not happen again, even with the aircraft back in the same location.

Screenshot_20211211-130128.png Screenshot_20211211-130148.png Screenshot_20211211-130434.png

i noticed i get the same as the 3rd picture with all the black and white lines
Black and white lines show overexposed (blown out) areas, where no detail will / might be recorded... you can enable the overexposure warning in the app. That's normal. I think @RocketBrew refers to those artifacts in the middle... seams very weird to me, because everything around is perfectly visible ... just in the middle of the screen, there's this scrambling artifacts.

Last edited:
Black and white lines show overexposed (blown out) areas, where no detail will / might be recorded... you can enable the overexposure warning in the app. That's normal. I think @RocketBrew refers to those artifacts in the middle... seams very weird to me, because everything around is perfectly visible ... just in the middle of the screen, there's this scrambling artifacts.
thanks for the explanation, id never seen it before on previous fly 2 and pro 2 so was concerned but good to know its nothing to worry about

Reactions: calmar81
I have seen this using Maven on my Air 2 once in a while. It doesn't affect the recorded image but if I reboot the app (regular controller with iPad Mini 5) then ie goes away. Normally happens if I leave the app active between flights on different days (Just sleeping the iPad without closing the app.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada