DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Card Connection Problem?

Lets Fly

Reactions
I went for a flight today. I increased my range for the first time and went straight out over the ocean. I stayed low videoing below as I came in along the shore hoping for some sharks or schools of fish.
When I got home to upload the video to my Mac there were no photos. I went back into DJI and looked in the storage and received a notice that the SD card is not inserted, (no video). I have had the card in the Mavic Air since January
and have never taken it out, I always just re-format it. I removed it and re-inserted it and the photos from my last flight were now there but not todays. Anyone have this happen to them?
I re-formated again and everything seems fine. Perhaps it's a good idea (for those of us that do not have to remove the card) to once in a while take it out to be sure of a good connection. Glad I was not needing these photos for something important.

one of my steps during the pre-flight checklist is to reformat the microsd card. i always make sure i remove all video from the card as soon as possible so reformatting at any point is not an issue as it is very painful to try to figure out if you want to save anything on the card or not.

the final pre-flight checklist should take place right before the flight, not hours before, not the night before. that way, you'll immediately know if you have microsd card problems. reformatting my not expose all microsd card issues but it will certainly take care of a card that is not fully inserted. btw, the pre-flight checklist also includes making sure all doors and covers and batteries are fully latched, closed, and secured.

make this a habit and it goes a long way to ensure you have a safe and successful flight.

Did you check the Air's internal storage?
If something went wrong with the SD connection in the slot on the last flight, such as popping loose, the Air would revert to the 8GB internal storage.

Did you check the Air's internal storage?
If something went wrong with the SD connection in the slot on the last flight, such as popping loose, the Air would revert to the 8GB internal storage.
Yes checked both and nothing was there, when I removed the card and replaced it photos were on SD card nothing in storage so it didn't switch over. I always use the card.
The card was all the way in doors closed. As per kensteele pre flight check goes a long way.

Last edited:
Are you trying to take photos while you are recording video simultaneously?

I would put a little bit of oil on the contacts of the memory card and then wipe it off well - there maybe a bad connection.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redrover61