DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sd card dilemma

flightsimulation

Reactions
Hey guys

I tried so many things and researched quite abit and still not understanding something in regards to sd cards.

What i want to do is record 4k and watch it on my tv. I dont want to connect the plane to tv as battery is already low at this point.
I would want to take the sd card put it in a reader and connect to tv via usb.

Here is what happens, tv wants me to format my usb drive but doing so i will lose everything unless i back it up.

Question:
Option 1: do i just back it up then format and put everything back expecting all will work, or will this cause me to keep having to format on drone and tv?

Option 2: use a computer to transfer onto a usb thumb drive and use that on the tv's usb. Seems like no formatting is needed and worked flawlessly reason im not in favor of this option due to my limited flash drive space.

Option 3: use a big external hard drive and connect via usb? (Still requires a pc to transfer)

What I prefer to do is a few flights and then watch them right away on a 4k tv with a usb connection. As quickly as possible without the need to wait around for file transfers.

Thanks guys any insight welcome.

To add to what swooshdave says.
Have you any way to verify what format your TV uses ?
You say your TV wants to format your USB drive so I assume you have transferred your files to a USB drive of some sort, is that correct or are you using a USB card reader ?

Thats correct i transferd footage to a card reader as well as a usb thumb drive. The thumb drive worked the micro sd in card reader did not.

I just tried another card and its now taking it after formatting of course. I then went back to mavic and no need to reformat.

Seems like it was just an odd card.

All seems ok so far.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian