DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"SD Card Error - Please Replace" message - photos and videos lost

NormanW

Reactions
Problem? Lost all video & Photos, new folders on the SD card and message on the controller "SD card error - please replace"

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far?: Using Stellar Phoenix to recover the lost photos and video. Not tried anything else yet. Don't have a spare U3 card to try

What device are you using? SAMSUNG 64GB Class 10 U3 micro SD card

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Both updated to latest version

What Go app version are you using? Go 4 - 4.3.32

Any modification? None

Did you change anything or install any apps? No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? Screen grab of the new file structure on the SD card

On my third flying sortie today tried to take still photos using the button on the controller. Nothing happened and message on the controller screen "SD Card Error - Please Replace". Button on the monitor white and with rotating arrow round it. Then perhaps a minute after pressing the button I heard the shutter noise. Tried taking another photo and the same happened.

Landed, closed everything down, removed and reinserted the SD card and then flew again. Same happened. Pressed the shutter button on the controller, but no response until a minute or so later.

After landing and removing the Sd card I used a card reader to view it on a Windows 10 desktop machine. Windows flagged an error message "Your device has errors Fix or Ignore. I ignored and used File explorer to view the card.

The default directory structure of 100MEDIA and BLACKBOX has gone and has been replaced with five new folders. I am currently trying to recover the photos using Stella Recovery tool and it is reporting that they are still on the card. Strangely they are shown with a DTO of 01/01/2014 00:00, but in the THM folder there are two files DJI_0001.THM and GIS, both created 13/02/2020 15:37 which is correct.

Any suggestion please about what might have caused this and what I should do to prevent a reoccurrence.

Thanks for reading

Attachments

• Mavik SD error directory.jpg
    Mavik SD error directory.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 6
Problem? Lost all video & Photos, new folders on the SD card and message on the controller "SD card error - please replace"

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far?: Using Stellar Phoenix to recover the lost photos and video. Not tried anything else yet. Don't have a spare U3 card to try

What device are you using? SAMSUNG 64GB Class 10 U3 micro SD card

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Both updated to latest version

What Go app version are you using? Go 4 - 4.3.32

Any modification? None

Did you change anything or install any apps? No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? Screen grab of the new file structure on the SD card

On my third flying sortie today tried to take still photos using the button on the controller. Nothing happened and message on the controller screen "SD Card Error - Please Replace". Button on the monitor white and with rotating arrow round it. Then perhaps a minute after pressing the button I heard the shutter noise. Tried taking another photo and the same happened.

Landed, closed everything down, removed and reinserted the SD card and then flew again. Same happened. Pressed the shutter button on the controller, but no response until a minute or so later.

After landing and removing the Sd card I used a card reader to view it on a Windows 10 desktop machine. Windows flagged an error message "Your device has errors Fix or Ignore. I ignored and used File explorer to view the card.

The default directory structure of 100MEDIA and BLACKBOX has gone and has been replaced with five new folders. I am currently trying to recover the photos using Stella Recovery tool and it is reporting that they are still on the card. Strangely they are shown with a DTO of 01/01/2014 00:00, but in the THM folder there are two files DJI_0001.THM and GIS, both created 13/02/2020 15:37 which is correct.

Any suggestion please about what might have caused this and what I should do to prevent a reoccurrence.

Thanks for reading
Sounds like a bad SD card to me, it happens. I'd try another one to confirm if it's the card or something else.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada