DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card not recognised

11jot

Reactions
Hi, for some reason my SD card isn't being recognised on any computer despite trying different adapters etc....

I have taken some great footage this morning, it's still on the sd card and I can see it when I put the card back in the mavic and look on my phone. Any ideas?

Also, I really don't want to lose the footage - is there a way of transferring to the internal storage from the sd card, then I can download?

Thank you!

Can you try connecting the card to your phone and checking whether your phone can read it?
Could the card's capacity be too big for the reader? I do not know if that is still a current consideration but it used to be.

Thanks but this was working a few days ago so not the reader. Not sure what I can do!

Hi, for some reason my SD card isn't being recognised on any computer despite trying different adapters etc....

I have taken some great footage this morning, it's still on the sd card and I can see it when I put the card back in the mavic and look on my phone. Any ideas?

Also, I really don't want to lose the footage - is there a way of transferring to the internal storage from the sd card, then I can download?

Thank you!
I am having the exact same issue with my mini two the card is not recognized in my Mac pro

Looking on the phone may only be showing the cache video and not what's on the SD card mounted to the AC.

Connecting AC to PC is the only option I can think of. If that doesn't work, then SD is shot or it's formatting got corrupted.

Reactions: rxlawdude
One possible thing to check is to make sure the tab on the SD CARD ADAPTER is in the unlock position. ?

That wouldn't prevent the card from being read, only written to.

Reactions: rxlawdude
Have you tried connecting your drone directly to your PC with an appropriate USB cable? That is what I do with my M2 Pro and it works very well. Windows recognizes and configures two media devices - one device for the internal 8 GB storage and one for the 128 GB Micro SD card. Moving the media files is then just a simple matter of drag and drop.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drone-Retriever
I had the same problem. The SD Card that used to work with my computer 2 days before, simple was not recognized yesterday. Win10 asked if I want to format? Of course, I did not! Even putting the card into the drone and the drone with USB cable to the computer gave the same result: No known format, unreadable, reformat?

I put the card into the drone and connected with remote controller and my Samsung Android cellular, and all videos where there and the card readable. I downloaded the videos out of the DJI Fly app to my cellular. It took a long time, but finally it worked. And from the Galaxy I could download to my computer.

I still do not know the reason why a card gets unreadable with Win10 and (lucky I) still works via the app, but what could be the reason? Do not let you fool, and do not reformat before trying to download the important files via the DJI Fly app, because the SD Card did not loose the data.

After downloading all files this way, I will reformat the SD Card and hope that this never happens again...

I had the same problem. The SD Card that used to work with my computer 2 days before, simple was not recognized yesterday. Win10 asked if I want to format? Of course, I did not! Even putting the card into the drone and the drone with USB cable to the computer gave the same result: No known format, unreadable, reformat?

I put the card into the drone and connected with remote controller and my Samsung Android cellular, and all videos where there and the card readable. I downloaded the videos out of the DJI Fly app to my cellular. It took a long time, but finally it worked. And from the Galaxy I could download to my computer.

I still do not know the reason why a card gets unreadable with Win10 and (lucky I) still works via the app, but what could be the reason? Do not let you fool, and do not reformat before trying to download the important files via the DJI Fly app, because the SD Card did not loose the data.

After downloading all files this way, I will reformat the SD Card and hope that this never happens again...
One thing I've noticed is when you put the SD card into the computer (I use a USB 3.0 SD converter), Win 10 complains there is something wrong with the drive. If you ignore that and look at Explorer, you won't see the drive. Let Win do the "repair" that takes a whole 5 seconds. Then the drive will appear on Explorer.

Try that.

One thing I've noticed is when you put the SD card into the computer (I use a USB 3.0 SD converter), Win 10 complains there is something wrong with the drive. If you ignore that and look at Explorer, you won't see the drive. Let Win do the "repair" that takes a whole 5 seconds. Then the drive will appear on Explorer.

Try that.
I had this message you mentioned already sometimes before, but I ignored it, because the card worked anyway. What I saw yesterday was that the card was not readable at any way. There was no 'needs repair' but 'unkown media' message... the only option was to format the media or close the message window.

I had this message you mentioned already sometimes before, but I ignored it, because the card worked anyway. What I saw yesterday was that the card was not readable at any way. There was no 'needs repair' but 'unkown media' message... the only option was to format the media or close the message window.
Time for a new SDHC card. These are generally very reliable, but it sounds like hardware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143