DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Card Unavailable

danny_2020

Reactions
Hello!

I am new to the Mavic Mini, and have only flown it 3 times. Because when I received Mavic Mini, it didn't come with an SD card, the micro SD card I have in the drone now, was the one from my previous drone, a Phantom 3 Standard. Every time I have flown the drone, a message comes up saying, SD Card Unavailable. I have heard about certain listed SD cards for the drone, and I was just wondering if I need to get a certain SD card for the drone, or if there is some sort of problem... I can plug the SD card into my computer with an adaptor, and it looks to be working fine, I have cleared the SD card, and formatted it from my computer, but the message still shows up. I have tried to format the SD card from the DJI Fly app, but it just says Cannot Format SD Card. I am positive that it can't be the drone, because I have had it for 5 days, and only flown it three times. I have also heard that the Mavic Mini uses relatively newer SD cards, so it could possibly be that my SD card is too old.
Any Ideas?

Thanks
:)

Reactions: Gagey52
Welcome to the forum and greetings from San Diego.

Your card may not be too old, but too slow. I would recommend trying any sized SanDisk Extreme Pro card. I hope this helps.

I concur tony mcdrone the speed of the card will impact performance
Regards

Oops, sorry, didn't realize that it was under a Mavic pro discussion! Thank you for the suggestions, I'll be looking into a more faster SD card :).

Yes, I am new to this forum, I am a new Mavic Pilot, but have been flying Phantom drones for three years, so thank you for the warm welcome! I am also very impressed by the mini camera, it is very impressive for such a small drone!

Thank you very much, and happy flying!!
:)

Reactions: Gagey52
I wouldn't think a slower card would be completely unrecognized. It should only give a warning.

I suggest getting a U3 certified SD such as SanDisk Extreme or Extreme Plus to be sure you don't have an issue with the drone that needs fixing or exchange.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Thanks, I have formatted my current SD card in exFAT, I will put it in my drone and let you know how it goes. If that doesn't work, I will look into buying a SanDisk Extreme Pro SD Card :)

Thanks to everyone!
Happy last 12 and 1/2 hours of 2020!

Oh, and also, when I take any pictures or videos with the drone, all of the pics and vids are moved to my phone gallery, and the SD card remains empty, is that normal?

No, SD should not be empty.
I suspect the video you do have is cache video, which would be highly compressed 720p or 1080p.
Photo might also be a "screen capture" rather than full resolution.

Okay, I have done an exFAT format from my PC and then put it into the drone, but the warning still comes up, I believe that it is the micro SD card that is causing the problem... I will be buying a SanDisk Extreme Pro Micro SD Card, which hopefully will resolve the problem :)

Thanks guys,
Happy New Year :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair