DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Card Video

Verne

Reactions
Good Morning, I hope i am in the right place. I have a Mavic Air 2 and my SD Card video is jumpy and lousy quality. Phone recording is great. I use the preferred SD card, "Extreme PRO V30". i searched the forums and have not found anything that i think will help.

Good Morning, I hope i am in the right place. I have a Mavic Air 2 and my SD Card video is jumpy and lousy quality. Phone recording is great. I use the preferred SD card, "Extreme PRO V30". i searched the forums and have not found anything that i think will help.
Usually the card will have a good recording.
One possibility is that your computer isn't up to the task.
Does it play other 4K video properly?
You could try on another computer.
Are you trying to play from the hard drive in your computer or directly from the SD card?

Reactions: dawgpilot
Usually the card will have a good recording.
One possibility is that your computer isn't up to the task.
Does it play other 4K video properly?
You could try on another computer.
Are you trying to play from the hard drive in your computer or directly from the SD card?
Hello, thanks for the reply. I use the SD card as a drive when trying to view it. I will try on my wife's PC and see if there is a difference.

Hello, thanks for the reply. I use the SD card as a drive when trying to view it. I will try on my wife's PC and see if there is a difference.
The SD card adapter could be a bottleneck.
Copying the file to the computer's hard drive and playing from there might help.

You wouldn't believe the size of my smile, you were correct, i -played the clips on my wife's PC and the recordings are wonderful. what do I do now? is there a conversion software that can make it work?? do i need a new PC??
Thank you Meta4 for your help

what do I do now? is there a conversion software that can make it work??
Just copy the files off the SD card to your computer hard drive

If that doesn't work, then you have an excuse to buy a new computer

Reactions: Mtnguy and Verne
Well at least I know the problem is not the Mavic Air 2. i tried copying to hard drive and the came poor quality. i am going to try and copy on my wife's NEW PC and try the copy on my old PC.. again thanks for all the help!!!

You wouldn't believe the size of my smile, you were correct, i -played the clips on my wife's PC and the recordings are wonderful. what do I do now? is there a conversion software that can make it work?? do i need a new PC??
Thank you Meta4 for your help
The most popular conversion software that upconverts and or down converts is VLC media player , to my knowledge

Reactions: MS Coast
Well at least I know the problem is not the Mavic Air 2. i tried copying to hard drive and the came poor quality. i am going to try and copy on my wife's NEW PC and try the copy on my old PC.. again thanks for all the help!!!
Try recording drone video in lower resolutions and see if that lets your computer play them without problems. You may not need a new computer unless it's a laptop. It may be that your video card needs to be updated, or you need more or faster memory.

Just copy the files off the SD card to your computer hard drive

If that doesn't work, then you have an excuse to buy a new computer
I for one, never move the videos from my SD card to my computer before playing/reviewing them. Even the 5k video plays fine from my SD cards. I do however move them to the hard drive when I am going to perform post processing effects and what not.

The only video I can't play in full screen mode is 8k. I wouldn't have had this problem, but due to the Nvidia GTX video cards being unavailable, I had to downgrade my card. It has plenty of memory to play 8k , but not enough processing power. I was really hoping to get a GTX 3080. They remain unavailable. Those darn scalpers and bitcoin miners bought them all up, **** them. They were bought up by using bots, believe it or not. The scalpers bought as many as they could to sell them online for twice the price that NVIDIA sells them for. I can still process and play 8K vids, I just have to play them in a smaller screen window or use preview mode on my video editing software.

Also keep in mind that in many video editors on many PCs, the video will look jumpy when you're trying to edit, but look just fine when you publish it to an MP4. As others have said, unless you really need the high resolution, it's almost always just fine to film in 1080p.

Try recording drone video in lower resolutions and see if that lets your computer play them without problems. You may not need a new computer unless it's a laptop. It may be that your video card needs to be updated, or you need more or faster memory.
thank you, i think video card is part of something else on the Mother board

Also keep in mind that in many video editors on many PCs, the video will look jumpy when you're trying to edit, but look just fine when you publish it to an MP4. As others have said, unless you really need the high resolution, it's almost always just fine to film in 1080p.
I thought i had it set to 1080, but it plays perfectly on my wife's and maybe i can't do even 1080

I for one, never move the videos from my SD card to my computer before playing/reviewing them.
I only suggested his moving the files to the hard drive as a means of troubleshooting his current issue of stuttering, not as a day-to-day workflow. Playing the videos with VLC straight from the hard drive would give the fastest possible throughput on his current equipment. If it stutters after doing that, then he needs a better video card, or a better PC. ATM, we do not know the brand or specs of his PC, nor his wife's.

It sounds like you have some pretty serious equipment, not everyone does.

I thought i had it set to 1080, but it plays perfectly on my wife's and maybe i can't do even 1080
If your PC is Windows, point to the filename in File Explorer and right-click, then click 'Properties' at the bottom of the pop-up box, then click the 'Details' tab at the top. There you can see the framerate, and frame width and height - which will tell you what resolution the vid was shot at.

I only suggested his moving the files to the hard drive as a means of troubleshooting his current issue of stuttering, not as a day-to-day workflow. Playing the videos with VLC straight from the hard drive would give the fastest possible throughput on his current equipment. If it stutters after doing that, then he needs a better video card, or a better PC. ATM, we do not know the brand or specs of his PC, nor his wife's.

It sounds like you have some pretty serious equipment, not everyone does.
I appreciate your help. making some headway. just great to know i don't have a bum drone. thank you

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ