DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Strategy

Gobogo22

Reactions
Very new to the MP2 world. Flying is great, my file management sucks so far. Looking for best strategy on SD card use. What happens if I have a 64GB Extreme Pro Sandisk in the MP2 as well as the Smart Conroller? Will it recognize both?

You will be fine - 64gb is plenty as long as you can get to a computer and get the raw video off - 4k will use about 0.5gb per minute

128GB is always better :) you have an emergency 8GB internal storage if you forget.

Thank you. I do have a 128GB San Disk Extreme. My original question is there is an SD slot in the Pro 2 as well as in the Smart Controller. If I have a SD card in both the drone and the Smart Controller which will it save to or will it save to both. I will just put it in the air and test it. Is the quality better when it records to the SD card in the drone or the card in the Smart Controller.

Reactions: winken4419
Thank you. I do have a 128GB San Disk Extreme. My original question is there is an SD slot in the Pro 2 as well as in the Smart Controller. If I have a SD card in both the drone and the Smart Controller which will it save to or will it save to both. I will just put it in the air and test it. Is the quality better when it records to the SD card in the drone or the card in the Smart Controller.
I use a newly reformatted 64GB card, shooting with RAW plus jpeg as well as video, for every flight. Insurance against loss of images and interference with image transmission being the idea.
Personally I do not have my drone send these huge files to my CS. I do not have an SD card inserted in my CS. I would rather use the drone/controller connection for other things and save the extra battery power of my drone, however little, for flying... or the unexpected.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird