DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Seascape in B&W

Nice video. I would love to see the In-color version. Also, for me, it seemed that the splashing water track was too high.

Great to see a b/w video, few people do that now. Sometimes colours can be a disturbing element in a photo or video.
It works best when you circle around that sharp pinnacle where the light with hard shadows and contrast is perfect for b/w.
But not so much where you see the trees.
The conversion to b/w is well done. Thanks!

Reactions: michaeldallen1
Great to see a b/w video, few people do that now. Sometimes colours can be a disturbing element in a photo or video.
It works best when you circle around that sharp pinnacle where the light with hard shadows and contrast is perfect for b/w.
But not so much where you see the trees.
The conversion to b/w is well done. Thanks!
Thank you for your feedback. I agree and as a result I re-edited the video. Also softened the splashing water sound track🙂.
Thanks again to both feedbacks

Last edited:
Reactions: dozzn
Reminds me of overdeveloped Plus-X. Very contrasty.
I experimented a fair bit with various levels of contrast. Working on B&W is very interesting experience. The end result is of course a matter of personal taste but to me higher contrast was what I eventually ended up with for this scenery🙂

What a lovely vid and so very different in B&W. Really enjoyed watching it.

Very nice.

I would just eliminate the SFX, the perspective is wrong anyway. Too close, when the image is much more distant.

I'm not sure how you arrived at BW from color, but generally BW fx allow you to balanced the color mix that's used in the end result. If you pull down blue and green and push red, some interesting things can happen, like anything blue in the original image goes much darker, similar to using a red filter on BW film. That might be fun to play with. In FCP, the BW effect can be popped open and the color mix adjusted. Then you can play with the exposure balance and pull shadows down, for example. Just stuff I'd have done in BW anyway.

Very nice.

I would just eliminate the SFX, the perspective is wrong anyway. Too close, when the image is much more distant.

I'm not sure how you arrived at BW from color, but generally BW fx allow you to balanced the color mix that's used in the end result. If you pull down blue and green and push red, some interesting things can happen, like anything blue in the original image goes much darker, similar to using a red filter on BW film. That might be fun to play with. In FCP, the BW effect can be popped open and the color mix adjusted. Then you can play with the exposure balance and pull shadows down, for example. Just stuff I'd have done in BW anyway.
Thank you for your C&C.

Great location and composition but if I'm to be honest, I wasn't really feeling it in black & white. I know you wrote "Experimenting with B&W . . ." and in that regard the experiment appears to have been a success! 🙂

Great location and composition but if I'm to be honest, I wasn't really feeling it in black & white. I know you wrote "Experimenting with B&W . . ." and in that regard the experiment appears to have been a success! 🙂
I understand that B&W is not everyone's cup of tea. Appreciate your feedback.

Reactions: rcourtney671
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu