DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Second Mini 4 Pro with RC 2 & Goggles Integra?

SirMichael

Reactions
I have a Mini 4 Pro, the RC 2 controller (with display) and the Goggles Integra & Motion controller.
I'd like to purchase a spare Mini 4 Pro and use it with my existing RC 2 & Goggles.
Is there any problem with the setup? Can the controllers be mated with 2 drones?
Will the controllers mate with both and can drone either be used without having to re-attach each time?

Sir Michael

it depends on what you mean by mate. you certainly can use one set of rc+mc with two different drone but not sure how easy it is to switch back and forth. it's never more than a few extra steps but it's no simply turn off one drone and turn on the other drone likely because the sw is often buggy and there would be issues with binding. otherwise no issues with ownership and use for what you are trying to do; you do not need 2 sets.

One at a time on the controller.
If you acquire a used mini 4 Pro, I think it will need to be unbound from the previous owners DJI account. I do not own one, so I could be mistaken on the unbind part.

I've got both a M4P and A3 paired with the same RC2. Switching between them is simple, just select which aircraft I'm flying after boot up on the main screen.

It might be this simple with more than one copy of the same model, but I doubt it – I don't think Fly will show you multiple different M4Ps to select from.

However, this doesn't stop you. You will simply have to go through the extra step of pairing the RC2 with the drone whenever you switch between them. Pairing is easy, and I've found it a very reliable process these days with the M4P and the RC2 (and A3 too, for that matter). Not so much in days past with earlier models.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroundHog101