DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shocking

From what I can tell, there is a crack in the trailing edge. I wasn’t aware that props were that expensive to buy. This one will hang on the wall for all to see that there are things that tape should not be considered.

Jeepers I wonder what that did for the balance ? They could at least have added matching tape to the other blade lol.
I actually cut cracked props with sissors -so that I can't be tempted, I keep the old props to track my carnage lol.

Shock aside, I want to know if it's been flown like this, and what eventually happened, if anything.

This did take me back nearly 40 years to the time our test pilot walked to the front of the plane with a file and started attacking the prop! He explained it was to remove minute cracks in the leading edge which could weaken the blade!!
Worse he laughed when I asked about parachutes and explained we wouldn’t be able to get out of the small door anyway in an emergency!!!
That definitely was a job where bigger was better….

This did take me back nearly 40 years to the time our test pilot walked to the front of the plane with a file and started attacking the prop! He explained it was to remove minute cracks in the leading edge which could weaken the blade!!
Worse he laughed when I asked about parachutes and explained we wouldn’t be able to get out of the small door anyway in an emergency!!!
That definitely was a job where bigger was better….
Dressing the leading edge of a prop is a required procedure. Leading edge dings are going to occur but they can be lessened with careful practices.

Dressing the leading edge of a prop is a required procedure. Leading edge dings are going to occur but they can be lessened with careful practices.

Mr Miyagi asks, "If they file/d one blade did/do they file the other blade .... to maintain balance ?".

• Haha
Reactions: TonyPHX
Mr Miyagi asks, "If they file/d one blade did/do they file the other blade .... to maintain balance ?"
Part of every preflight. Check props for dings. There is a limit but some pretty severe dings can be dressed. The prop shop can repair and balance bigger damage.
Along with engine and airframe log books you also have a logbook for the prop.
All are addressed during the annual inspection.
Losing part of a blade is rare but certainly happens.

Part of every preflight. Check props for dings. There is a limit but some pretty severe dings can be dressed. The prop shop can repair and balance bigger damage.
Along with engine and airframe log books you also have a logbook for the prop.
All are addressed during the annual inspection.
Losing part of a blade is rare but certainly happens.
I just replace. Easy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jakobw1998