DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I update Smart Controller

DBT_Drone

Reactions
It looks like I got a notification of a new update for the Smart Controller to give capability to fly the new A2S. I have no plans now or in the immediate future to purchase a A2S, I'm happy with my Mavic 2 Pro. Should I skip this update? I don't want a software update that might screw up what is currently working for me and my M2P. Thanks!

Reactions: maggior
I hear you, I hate software that keeps fixing what ain't broke. (I was happy with Windows XP) Unfortunately you don't know what else they sneak into updates. At some point you will likely be forced to update whether you want to or not.

Reactions: bonzo and DBT_Drone
It looks like I got a notification of a new update for the Smart Controller to give capability to fly the new A2S. I have no plans now or in the immediate future to purchase a A2S, I'm happy with my Mavic 2 Pro. Should I skip this update? I don't want a software update that might screw up what is currently working for me and my M2P. Thanks!
I just updated it and tried synching it to my new A2s. No luck syncing. Tried everything. Ugghhhh

I just updated my dji smart controller. Now my new A2s won't sync to the controller at all. Stick in paring mode. Any ideas?

I just updated it and tried synching it to my new A2s. No luck syncing. Tried everything. Ugghhhh
Sync with the supplied controller first. It will go through firmware & Fly updates. After it's done them sync with SC should work. You'll also need to Bind to SC.

I hear you, I hate software that keeps fixing what ain't broke. (I was happy with Windows XP) Unfortunately you don't know what else they sneak into updates. At some point you will likely be forced to update whether you want to or not.
Yeah, that's my fear........new update for a drone I don't have messing up my working fine M2P. Thanks for your thoughts.

Yeah, that's my fear........new update for a drone I don't have messing up my working fine M2P. Thanks for your thoughts.
I just updated last night and NOW, my MP2 is working better than it was before....I had some crazy stuff happening.....but this update fixed it.......so I would say do the UPDATE........plus, I notice there is a few new things that were not there before.....all is working great.

I was having problems with my SC/MA2 combination, the map was very laggy and jerky. The latest update installed without issues and the map works fine now. I would recommend the update.

I was having problems with my SC/MA2 combination, the map was very laggy and jerky. The latest update installed without issues and the map works fine now. I would recommend the update.
I have a Mavic 2 Pro.....not a Air 2. I was asking if the new update is creating issues for the Mavic 2 Pro. My Mavic 2 Pro is operating fine. More worried if the new update for another drone will effect mine.

Since you guys updated and didn't have any trouble I decided to give it a go. The update loaded and I took it out for a quick up and down since it's really windy here. I tethered it to my phone and sent it up over 30 m. All good and they seem to have fixed the but that forced me to disable WiFi on the SC whenever I flew otherwise I was limited to 30m up and 50m out.

This weekend hopefully I'll have nice enough weather to go out and fly for real.

Reactions: Jriley
I have a Mavic 2 Pro.....not a Air 2. I was asking if the new update is creating issues for the Mavic 2 Pro. My Mavic 2 Pro is operating fine. More worried if the new update for another drone will effect mine.
Good point, but since the thread title did not specify which aircraft, it would therefore attract all SC owners, I thought my experience would be useful to MA2 owners who may have been worried about the update. Sorry for the inconvenience of my comment no applying to you specifically.

Good point, but since the thread title did not specify which aircraft, it would therefore attract all SC owners, I thought my experience would be useful to MA2 owners who may have been worried about the update. Sorry for the inconvenience of my comment no applying to you specifically.
No problem, Pinke. I should have clarified my question better. I'm pretty new to flying drones so I ask some silly questions sometimes, but people here are really helpful. Happy flying!!!

Reactions: Jriley
Maybe it comes under "old School" but I update EVERYTHING when any update becomes available.
Windows, drones, NAS, software, hardware - anything with a chip I'm in....

Over the years it would be hundreds!
Yes a few have not gone smoothly (and were fixed).
But my thinking is what would happen if I DON'T update!

JMO Thumbswayup

Maybe it comes under "old School" but I update EVERYTHING when any update becomes available.
Windows, drones, NAS, software, hardware - anything with a chip I'm in....

Over the years it would be hundreds!
Yes a few have not gone smoothly (and were fixed).
But my thinking is what would happen if I DON'T update!

JMO Thumbswayup
i tend to agree. That said, I tend to wait a couple of weeks and let the Beta testers have a go first !

Sync with the supplied controller first. It will go through firmware & Fly updates. After it's done them sync with SC should work. You'll also need to Bind to SC.
same problem here and i have no other controller then the smart one, Even after a factory reset no linking to the a2s any more

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne