DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I update

slkfis

Reactions
My Grandaughter just updated my Ipad mini 4 from IOS 9 to IOS 12 "to help me" should I upgrade my DJI Go 4 on my Mavic Pro ?

thxs
Slkfis

Reactions: ryanolivas
My Grandaughter just updated my Ipad mini 4 from IOS 9 to IOS 12 "to help me" should I upgrade my DJI Go 4 on my Mavic Pro ?

thxs
Slkfis
If the app is still working fine and there is no problem with it whatsoever then you don't have to update it.

ryanolivas
I have not had the opportunity to fly since the update. Hopefully the weather will clear tomorrow long enough to try it. I'll post results.

Thanks for the reply

slkfis

Actually the app Go 4 was updated yesterday so you will need the new app to upgrade the New firmware that was also updated yesterday.

The older app will fail otherwise

If the op hasn’t updated iOS there is the chance that he hasn’t updated firmware or app. We don’t all follow the herd for the latest automated camera mode and the extra restrictions that are also imposed.
OP, check that the app and drone are responding as you expect, don’t fall for the “nag” screens unless there is something you really want.

I am waiting impatiently for the rain and wind to lay out so I can CAREFULLY check flight operations.

Thanks to all of you for the replies.

slkfis

Hi all,
Finally a good weather day to fly. Beautiful day 60 degrees, blue skies and slight wind.
I checked the firmware versions before the flight and they were:

Mini Ipad 4–--12.2 up from 9.0 (first flight after update)
App.---------4.2.12
AC-----------Unknown
RC-----------1.04.0300
ALSO
Check for update app-----1.00.01.09
Base fly safe data base check for update1.00.01.27

I flew close in and checked the RTH, Follow me, ActiveTrack and POI. I continued to increase distance and height and check RTH periodically. My maximum Distance was 1400’ and max Height 375’.

I ran the camera thru video and still shots and it worked as normal.

All systems functioned as normal except on one flight I got a Downward vision sensor failure land ASAP. I ok’d and continue to fly as this is something I see occasionally anyway. I don’t know what to do about it but fly.

I flew 3 batteries during this exercise without problems.

After the final flight I received this:

Incorrect firmware warning and was asked to update to 1.04.0500. I did not update. Should I? Do I need to do anything to the batteries as I have read about updating them? I have only updated the Ipad NOTHING on the AC or RC.

Thanks to everyone for your interest and guidance with my question.

Fly Safe

slkfis

I would. Who do you believe more, DJI or random internet people?
BUT if its working, you might not have to.

I’m running various old versions of the go apps, iOS 12 iPad and iPhone all solid.

I'm up to date on Dji go 4 app 4.3.5, Aircraft V-01.00.0200, and Remote V-01.00.0200 and everything is perfect. Several flights after updates, very happy. Thanks DJI. Mavic 2 Zoom.

I'm up to date on Dji go 4 app 4.3.5, Aircraft V-01.00.0200, and Remote V-01.00.0200 and everything is perfect. Several flights after updates, very happy. Thanks DJI. Mavic 2 Zoom.
But you are using the just released and therefore up to date Mavic 2 Zoom which should be compatible with iOS 12! The op is using a Mavic Pro with firmware that might be a year and a half old. There is a risk that that firmware is incompatible with a new version of DJI Go4 that might be installed along with iOS 12.

I am going to stay with what I have for now until I see how the new updates perform. Hopefully we get lots pf good reviews.

thxs

slkfis

I understand now sorry.
No problem. It’s a pain when a manufacturer uses the same numbering system for firmware without putting a model number in it. It means that you could try flashing your Mavic 2 with Mavic Pro firmware or vice versa if you were to download it by mistake. Hopefully the drone would reject it when you try to install it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard