DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I upgrade to MP3 from Mavic 3?

dji30t

Reactions
The Mavic 3 is an incredible tool for my job and especially the 166mm zoom for photos. The 70mm also is very essential.
I just bought the M3 in Dec 2022 and want to see if anyone else is upgrading from M3 to M3P for photos. The other thread shows the M3P
166mm image quality is a lot better.

Can't tell. All of the reviews are from the initial release announcement and they very greatly in regard to how much improvement has been made on the 7x. I have not been able to source any non edited footage from the three cameras to review and ultimately make a decision. I very much appreciate the image I get on the Classic dlog footage. I would need to compare the 3x dlog-m and the 7x "standard" containers with the dlog to make a decision. Maybe after DJI starts shipping there will be files available from some owner(s). Right now as far as reviews it seems to be old news.

Can't tell. All of the reviews are from the initial release announcement and they very greatly in regard to how much improvement has been made on the 7x. I have not been able to source any non edited footage from the three cameras to review and ultimately make a decision. I very much appreciate the image I get on the Classic dlog footage. I would need to compare the 3x dlog-m and the 7x "standard" containers with the dlog to make a decision. Maybe after DJI starts shipping there will be files available from some owner(s). Right now as far as reviews it seems to be old news.
Have you looked at You Tuber Potato Jet's review? He did some comparisons between the different log and lenses. I know you're looking for files to check out but perhaps that will give you some idea. He's a cinematographer like yourself so I respect his opinion on camera gear.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
In a way I am upgrading...

I bought a M3 Cine last August for the full amount of $5K with no regrets but now that kit can be had used for under $3K, just not worth selling when I had to go through 3 of them to get a good main camera. So I am adding the Mavic 3 Pro to the M3 "system".

I'll make sure I get a perfect one in this case as well, especially since I have the luxury of having the Cine to use right now.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
got the m3p and 166mm lens is a lot sharper than my m3. must've been lens issue. got the flymore combo so now have total of 6 batteries between m3 and m3p. overall made my money back from both m3 and m3p. they'd better not release a m3p+ anytime soon.

got the m3p and 166mm lens is a lot sharper than my m3. must've been lens issue. got the flymore combo so now have total of 6 batteries between m3 and m3p. overall made my money back from both m3 and m3p. they'd better not release a m3p+ anytime soon.
Yes, an M3P+ launch this year would be quite painful.

The MP3 lost out. At the end of the day I can get a Panasonic CX-350 for the same price point. Camcorder "grab and go" convenience with that gorgeous V-log image goodness and I found a download of unprocessed footage to confirm. This is a tool I will use a lot more than another drone. Sorry DJI, maybe next time.

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
The MP3 lost out. At the end of the day I can get a Panasonic CX-350 for the same price point. Camcorder "grab and go" convenience with that gorgeous V-log image goodness and I found a download of unprocessed footage to confirm. This is a tool I will use a lot more than another drone. Sorry DJI, maybe next time.
I feel the same way about my Sony FX 30 I just got...sorry DJI, you'll have to wait until next time.

• Haha
All the stimulus checks have dried up, DJI might have to sweeten the deal a little more...

Just wait until the DHS decides that such superior video is a threat to privacy and national security, and imposes Remote ID on all videographers to reveal their locations remotely through an app when filming, so you can be harassed and confronted by Karens! HAH!

• Haha
Just wait until the DHS decides that such superior video is a threat to privacy and national security, and imposes Remote ID on all videographers to reveal their locations remotely through an app when filming, so you can be harassed and confronted by Karens! HAH!
The last part has already happened, lol. Karen and Ken (not even related) had children in the park and I had a camera. Therefore I was a creepy old man doing awful things. The demanded credentials and threatened to beat this old man up, lol. I did leave because they were starting to bother other people in the park. I came real close to calling the police but that would have just fed into the frenzy. It was just my lucky day to meet the paranoid psycho's in the park.

That was my only negative experience with doing any imaging. Every other encounter was quite positive and enjoyable. Ya never know what's rattling around in peoples heads. More to your point, it wouldn't surprise me if DHS or some other EIEIO came up with some ludicrous surveillance scheme to help build their empire.

• Wow
Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas