DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shutter Sound Latency

FLYBOYJ

Reactions
Since I've been flying my Mavic, sometimes I experience latency between the time I take a picture till when the shutter "click" sound is heard. Sometimes there is no sound at all. All pictures come out fine. Yesterday I took a pano of about 10 to 15 pictures, no shutter sound. As I was landing the sound seemed to catch up and the shutter sound went off about 10 times as the bird was touching down. Again no issues with the photos.

I've been using a Nexus 7 2nd Gen that works great, no real issues with the tablet.

Any info/ comments?

Just sounds like your phone/tablet has a slow processor and can't process the flight and the camera sounds simultaneously. I too first thought it was your volume, but if the sounds caught up in the end, they were buffered until the processor caught up.

It's not my device's it does it on them all for me i think it's because i press the focus and take a photo to quickly..

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
Thanks for the input. Definitely not the volume. It might be a focus or processing problem. I'm going to experiment with it during my next few flights and let you know what I find out. BTW I fly a P3P with the same tablet and have no issues like this.

Noticed 2 things today;

Just complete the V 01.04.0000 firmware upgrade and allowed the drone and tablet to "warm up." This issue seems to go away

An update:

I swapped tablets and dumped some unwanted apps and data, things are working better. I believe Qoncussion was correct about the tablet processor not being able to 'keep up.' Also seems to be heat related as this issues seems to go away with warmer temps.

Despite this, the camera seems to be working ok and all photos are showing up.

Reactions: Qoncussion
An update:

I swapped tablets and dumped some unwanted apps and data, things are working better. I believe Qoncussion was correct about the tablet processor not being able to 'keep up.' Also seems to be heat related as this issues seems to go away with warmer temps.

Despite this, the camera seems to be working ok and all photos are showing up.

Mine seems to do every time on the first picture. After that it's fine...

The only time I have this delay in the sound is when I select HDR or burst modes, the sound then plays only after taking all the stills

I've had this happen several times. As far as I can tell, it's the SD card. All my SD cards are fast enough but perhaps some are not as well as others as I think the problem is that those cards are slower/too slow. I also notice another issue when the lag starts.... some times video won't start right away and/or it stops recording on its own. I swap out that card for the stock one and everything is fine. I've since set that card aside and everything has been smooth.

I also have this happen when using my low-end Samsung tablet. Then I remember to shut down all other apps and put it in airplane mode.

Since the Mavic responds to controller inputs without lag and the pictures are stored on the Mavic, the shutter sound timing is not important.

Completed some pano shots yesterday and this issue seemed to be intermittent. It seems to be more prevalent in areas where there is a lot of RC interference. I have found that if I re-boot the DJI app, it seems to make the issue go away for a bit.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arham12