DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Side sensors not working? (Drone fell in water but recovered!)

wkang87

Reactions
Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me if there are a required condition for the side sensors to work?
recently my drone fell in the water and luckily I was able to recover it but not it looks like the side sensors are not working. I'm not too sure if it's the accident that caused this issue or if it's something that has been going on and I just didn't notice them. Is there something that will trigger it to be on? and is my side sensor fried? (Forward, back, top and bottom sensors are working fine)

Reactions: Droniac
Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me if there are a required condition for the side sensors to work?
p22 of your manual:
The Lateral Vision Systems requires better lighting and more textured or clearly marked obstacles, and cannot sense dynamic objects, such as moving people, vehicles, tree branches, or blinking lights. The Lateral Vision Systems are only available in some Intelligent Flight Modes and Tripod Mode. The angular speed is limited to 24° /s and the lateral flight speed is limited to 18 mph (29 mph)

p22 of your manual:
The Lateral Vision Systems requires better lighting and more textured or clearly marked obstacles, and cannot sense dynamic objects, such as moving people, vehicles, tree branches, or blinking lights. The Lateral Vision Systems are only available in some Intelligent Flight Modes and Tripod Mode. The angular speed is limited to 24° /s and the lateral flight speed is limited to 18 mph (29 mph)
I see thanks for the input. I Guess the rest of the sensors get activated more frequently and works better with objects as opposed to the side sensors. Could I assume that?

I see thanks for the input. I Guess the rest of the sensors get activated more frequently and works better with objects as opposed to the side sensors. Could I assume that?
Especially take note of the "The Lateral Vision Systems are only available in some Intelligent Flight Modes and Tripod Mode." as wKang87 mentioned above, if not in one of those modes they do not work at all :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929