DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal loss

Tazbone

Reactions
I flew yesterday in a very rural place... No phone signal at all.
The DJI app couldn't connect to the drone so I flew with the drone in sight (obviously)
Do I need a phone signal?

Are you controlling your drone via wifi? In this case no signal = no data connection = no drone control !
You probably should switch the drone's control via "Remote Control". I flew numerous times in remote areas without signal, no problem at all.
Merry Xmas & Happy New Year. (The coming holidays leave plenty of time for Manual Reading & testing! ;-) )

Are you controlling your drone via wifi? In this case no signal = no data connection = no drone control !
You probably should switch the drone's control via "Remote Control". I flew numerous times in remote areas without signal, no problem at all.
Merry Xmas & Happy New Year. (The coming holidays leave plenty of time for Manual Reading & testing! ;-) )
No mate it was in RC...

Then accept my sincere apologies for the final joke... :)
Confirm that I flew tenths of flight in very remote areas, without any phone signal and without any problem in controlling the drone via RC. Positive, you do not need it to control the bird.
Another story is if you do not see the map of the area where you are flying on the app: of course no phone signal, no data, then no map available under the lines drawn by the flying bird on your monitor, unless you have the area's maps cached in your app's device (phone, Ipad etc.)
But not connecting at all, no, never seen.
Still, Merry Xmas & Happy New Year !

Then accept my sincere apologies for the final joke... :)
Confirm that I flew tenths of flight in very remote areas, without any phone signal and without any problem in controlling the drone via RC. Positive, you do not need it to control the bird.
Another story is if you do not see the map of the area where you are flying on the app: of course no phone signal, no data, then no map available under the lines drawn by the flying bird on your monitor, unless you have the area's maps cached in your app's device (phone, Ipad etc.)
But not connecting at all, no, never seen.
Still, Merry Xmas & Happy New Year !
No need to apologise... It's all good.
I'll be going back to the same spot to fly and if poss I'll gopro my adventure if I lose signal strength and show you what I'm experiencing.
All the best n thanks for the info [emoji482]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique