DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal strength using the RC-N2 controller compared to the RC-2

Wreckhunter

Reactions
Is anyone using the RC-N2 controller on the Air 3,and if so what kind of signal strength are you getting
compared to the RC-2 controller.

Is anyone using the RC-N2 controller on the Air 3,and if so what kind of signal strength are you getting
While I don't have an Air 3, I think I can speculate that the differences should be minimal since they are both using the new O4 protocols I would assume to connect to the new AC.

Reactions: Air Red
Quoted range by DJI is the same. Signal strength should be in the FCC specs of each device, which is not subjective. Real life range of each will entirely depend upon the environment, and I doubt anyone owns both controllers for a real life range comparison, since they are brand new, only for the Air 3 on OS4, and not sold separately.

Doesn’t the RC 2 have more antennas than the RC-N2?

Reactions: BearMan54
While I don't have an Air 3, I think I can speculate that the differences should be minimal since they are both using the new O4 protocols I would assume to connect to the new AC.
Your answer is useless. Read the question from: @firsthobby carefully. He is asking people for the AIR 3. If you don't know something please don't answer (People looking for the right information need the right answers) "I think" is of no use to them, they need to know for sure!

Your answer is useless. Read the question from: @firsthobby carefully. He is asking people for the AIR 3. If you don't know something please don't answer (People looking for the right information need the right answers) "I think" is of no use to them, they need to know for sure!
How do you expect anyone to give an answer "for sure" when the two controllers are brand new, only for the Air 3, and everyone has to choose one controller over the other when buying the Air 3? Who is buying one of each Air 3 drone configuration to compare them? RC-N2 isn't even available to purchase separately!

Its called "speculation" , one definition of which is : "to review something idly or casually and often inconclusively".. Which is what I did... and the answer is basically the same, either way... Being as new as it was, there wasn't any specific data one way or another, the only thing for sure is that the Using the new 04, it only works with the Air 3...

BTW, there are times and places where speculation is all you have... the "definitive" answer may not yet be available.

I have the N2, a friend has the RC2.

We did a very unscientific test on Sunday. The setting is through a lot of trees with plenty of local interference. No one needs to remind me that the test broke some rules.

Air 2 would typically get to 1-2 bars at 3400-3500 feet.

Air 3 with N2 got to 4200 and change but the signal strength went from 3 bars to 1 in fewer than 200 feet. Perfect signal with a sudden drop off.

Air 3 with RC2 got to about 4500 with a more gradual drop off.

Overall, the Air 3, either controller, gave better range and stability than the Air 2. The RC2 had a little better range but gave better warning before signal loss.

How do you expect anyone to give an answer "for sure" when the two controllers are brand new, only for the Air 3, and everyone has to choose one controller over the other when buying the Air 3? Who is buying one of each Air 3 drone configuration to compare them? RC-N2 isn't even available to purchase separately!
I'm hoping to fly with a friend this week and compare our two different controllers to see if there is a difference.

I'm hoping to fly with a friend this week and compare our two different controllers to see if there is a difference.
Indeed. That's the only way to know "for sure."
Keep us posted, to see if our "thinking" is correct.

Asking if any one person has made such a comparison would require having bought one of each package configuration, or bought the RC-N2 package and then bought the RC2 separately, since the RC-N2 is not yet sold separately. Only a YouTuber could justify doing that just for testing. Fair question, though!

Unlike every other previous drone, where the RC-N1 was also always compatible with it, which everyone was forced to buy at a minimum, the Air 3 is only compatible with the two brand new remotes.

I'm using my Mini 4 Pro RC2 with my Air 3 and between the RC2 and the RC-N2 can't find any noticeable difference in range.

Reactions: MS Coast
I can assure you that there is no difference in range between the 2. I have tried both in identical situations and they are within 200 feet. As one person stated above, the RC2 does lose bars more gradually.

I can assure you that there is no difference in range between the 2. I have tried both in identical situations and they are within 200 feet. As one person stated above, the RC2 does lose bars more gradually.
Official "YouTuber" confirmation! Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor