DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Skinnet Beach, Tongue Bay, Sutherland, North Coast 500, Scotland

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Perhaps the most stunning beach I have visited, my video does NOT do it full justice, but in my defence it was the 6th flight of the day and I had driven 470 miles after leaving home at 4am... Still I think the beauty of the area speaks for itself..

Skinnet Beach, at the mouth of the Kyle of Tongue, stunning white sands, turquoise water, the Rabbit Isles in the bay, the Munroes, Ben Hope and Ben Loyal all stunningly visible, as is the Tongue landbridge...

Park at the layby at the top of the hill, where I have put the pin, and walk down the path to the headland, the path goes on to the right to the beach proper, or straight ahead onto the headland and the lochan, which was the sheltered spot I sued to take off from. Although the weather had been dry the walk to the headland was boggy, so proper walking shoes or wellies advised...

Nice, although It seems the first 1:50 seconds is out of focus.
Eeek, missed that, darn it... Ah well, I will have to revisit and redo the flight, back in that area in June, so finger crossed for the weather to be good enough to fly then...

Perhaps the most stunning beach I have visited, my video does NOT do it full justice, but in my defence it was the 6th flight of the day and I had driven 470 miles after leaving home at 4am... Still I think the beauty of the area speaks for itself..

Skinnet Beach, at the mouth of the Kyle of Tongue, stunning white sands, turquoise water, the Rabbit Isles in the bay, the Munroes, Ben Hope and Ben Loyal all stunningly visible, as is the Tongue landbridge...

Park at the layby at the top of the hill, where I have put the pin, and walk down the path to the headland, the path goes on to the right to the beach proper, or straight ahead onto the headland and the lochan, which was the sheltered spot I sued to take off from. Although the weather had been dry the walk to the headland was boggy, so proper walking shoes or wellies advised...

Yeah the focus was off to start, but beautiful area, and ocean waves in reverse is always a turn off for me, it's just so un-natural it's distracting.

Yeah the focus was off to start, but beautiful area, and ocean waves in reverse is always a turn off for me, it's just so un-natural it's distracting.
Then I shall have to do better next time, thanks for the comments :)

Nice footage, The first part is out of focus as mentioned before because the drone focusses on the grass when you started. It's not clear to me why the Mini 3 Pro autofocus doesn't work. Only after 1,5 minutes or so the image suddenly pops into focus.

I have the reverse happening with my Mini 3 Pro. My drone pops out of focus when I stop moving forward... Very annoying.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Nice footage, The first part is out of focus as mentioned before because the drone focusses on the grass when you started. It's not clear to me why the Mini 3 Pro autofocus doesn't work. Only after 1,5 minutes or so the image suddenly pops into focus.

I have the reverse happening with my Mini 3 Pro. My drone pops out of focus when I stop moving forward... Very annoying.
Thanks, yes, it is a shame, but I have learned to check the focus now... Have a newer in focus version of this with some newer footage -

Reactions: Jake 61

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_