DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slightly overcharge with original BMS ? It's possible ?

vadda

Reactions
I often found myself in a position to start a flight with the battery not 100% even if the charge was finished recently.
Does anyone know if it is possible to slightly overcharge the mini battery above 4.2V having the original BMS?
Charging it directly from the battery TABs?
I also used a 3rd party charger (TUTUO with LCD) with the same results.
I have already replaced the original cells with the VTC6 which are certainly more robust and would handle this type of treatment well.

to start a flight with the battery not 100% even if the charge was finished recently
This is because on initialisation bird eats some power so full charge already not available for flight.

if it is possible to slightly overcharge the mini battery above 4.2V having the original BMS?
It's not posssible directly through battery connector as after Full Charge detection monitoring IC switches Off charging MOSFET so current no more be flown into the battery.

But it's still possible to overcharge bypassing the bms i.e. connecting charger directly to the cells.
You should keep in mind that Li ion cells like 18650 don't like to be overcharged in comparison with LiPo which slightly could be. Also there is overvoltage protection inside the bms at about 4.3V per cell so you should not go above this level.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS