DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slow Motion Blades

I've filmed my Mavic Pro 1 at 1000fps on an Sony RX100 Mk4 but even that wasn't slow enough to really slow down the blades enough, I'm surprised the video above was only at 240fps.

Is that in a hover or moving?

It is in motion. In a hover (assuming no wind) the blade pitch would be constant, as the surrounding air effects both (or all blades), equally.
In motion, the blades must pitch according to whether it is advancing or retreating from the direction of flight which; happens to each blade, once per revolution.
Also if you look at the ground in frame one and throughout the video, the elevation is constant.

Reactions: xunhui
It is in motion. In a hover (assuming no wind) the blade pitch would be constant, as the surrounding air effects both (or all blades), equally.
Yes, I realise now I was thinkiing as a ground dweller where still, relative to the ground, means still full stop.
For a copter still, relative to the ground, does not necessarily mean still relative to the air (because of wind) and to generate balanced lift the pitch would have to change as the airspeed changes as the blade rotates around the hub.
The designers of the control systems are to be admired

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ty Pilot
In motion, the blades must pitch according to whether it is advancing or retreating from the direction of flight which; happens to each blade, once per revolution.
Also if you look at the ground in frame one and throughout the video, the elevation is constant.

That would be correct. Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots