DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Bricked?

FASTFJR

Reactions
I was doing the firmware update this morning, all was going well. Download, started the install and then I got a message about Unstable something or other. Now the controller is stuck on the DJI screen. I can not power it off. Any ideas?

Reactions: SteveLeBigMac
I was doing the firmware update this morning, all was going well. Download, started the install and then I got a message about Unstable something or other. Now the controller is stuck on the DJI screen. I can not power it off. Any ideas?
Just let it shut down on it's own don't touch a y buttons when it seeps it will turn off then you can start over

Reactions: FASTFJR
Were u trying to updste via the internal update system or via computer/Assistant 2?

I did my update with Assistant 2 and SD card installed. No issues. Flew with the controller this morning everything fine

Just let it shut down on it's own don't touch a y buttons when it seeps it will turn off then you can start over

In a nut shell it was on for about an hour. I did not realize their is a way to power it down (Hold The Power Button Down For 10 Seconds). It started up fine and everything is working Ok with the new firmware installed. Looks like it got hung up while trying to restart.

It might be a bit late for this since the battery has likely ran dry by now, but with some android tablets, such as the Fire HD8 tablets, you have to hold the power button for a what feels like a very long time to do a hard reset (20sec).

That might be something that could help if its still acting strangely?

In a nut shell it was on for about an hour. I did not realize their is a way to power it down (Hold The Power Button Down For 10 Seconds). It started up fine and everything is working Ok with the new firmware installed. Looks like it got hung up while trying to restart.
Oops, I just saw this, you mustve slid this one in as I was typing. Glad to hear it all went well!

It might be a bit late for this since the battery has likely ran dry by now, but with some android tablets, such as the Fire HD8 tablets, you have to hold the power button for a what feels like a very long time to do a hard reset (20sec).

That might be something that could help if its still acting strangely?

Thanks!

Does anyone have a step by step guide on how to install the new firmware without any of the issues that I'm reading about?

Does anyone have a step by step guide on how to install the new firmware without any of the issues that I'm reading about?

There are several threads on this but basically,

1. Use DJI Assistant 2 but uninstall the old version and install the new version 2. Use the cable that came with the Smart Controller
3. Remove any sd card you might have in the Smart Controller. I also reformatted that card but it's probably not necessary.
4. Make sure that you have plenty of open space on the internal storage of the Smart Controller, at least 3g. I personally did a factory reset but that's me.
5. Make sure that the Smart Controller is charged up.
6. Make sure that you have plenty of time to do the update. Be patient.
7. Don't be doing anything else with the computer while the Smart Controller is updating.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: ff22
Hi
Just like an iPhone.. If screen is frozen and none of the buttons work. Just press and hold down the On/Off button until it shuts down.. Leave it for a good few mins then turn on again.. ???

There are several threads on this but basically,

1. Use DJI Assistant 2 but uninstall the old version and install the new version 2. Use the cable that came with the Smart Controller
3. Remove any sd card you might have in the Smart Controller. I also reformatted that card but it's probably not necessary.
4. Make sure that you have plenty of open space on the internal storage of the Smart Controller, at least 3g. I personally did a factory reset but that's me.
5. Make sure that the Smart Controller is charged up.
6. Make sure that you have plenty of time to do the update. Be patient.
7. Don't be doing anything else with the computer while the Smart Controller is updating.

I hope this helps.

I might add whether or not necessary is questionable:

Reset the Display Timeout - I went max of 30 minutes.

Oh, make note of any settings you have as most/some/many might be lost.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet