DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Customization and Split Screen Display

sputnik378

Reactions
Has anyone else not updated the SC because they don't want to lose the google play store and all their apps? I'm on version 7.1.2

I have a necessity to be able to use split screen apps for work and I'm curious if anyone has ever tried this or had any luck running 2 apps simultaneously?

Has anyone else not updated the SC because they don't want to lose the google play store and all their apps? I'm on version 7.1.2

I have a necessity to be able to use split screen apps for work and I'm curious if anyone has ever tried this or had any luck running 2 apps simultaneously?
I updated the SC and then redid the Google Play install..... Worth it.

Wait, if you update the SC you can't use Google Play store anymore?!
When you update the firmware you'll need to factory reset and reinstall Google Play like last time.

But won't the factory reset delete the firmware update?
No. The factory data reset cleans up the unit after the firmware update. Then you can install Google Play.

How do you install the Google Play store in the Smart Remote?

So you can't install Google Play without factory resetting the device?
As I recall, when I installed it (way back when...), I skipped the factory reset and it worked fine. I lost it in the upgrade and I"ve been too lazy to jump through the hoops again.

as above, I lost it as well in the upgrade and cant be bothered to go through it all again just to get screwed up again on the next update,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929