DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller on both birds!

There were reports that you had to rebind to the different drones on switching between them.
Did this occur where you were concerned?

Reactions: Droniac
Yes, there is a button on the side of the M2Z, under a waterproof tab, that I had to set to get it to rebind. On the Mini 2 I had to hold the power button for about 4 seconds to bind it. Not sure if I have to do this every time I switch, I'll know after this weekend for sure and will post my findings. It really isn't much of a big deal, just had to search a bit to find out how to do it.

Reactions: Droniac
I'm sure that Dji intended that you could switch between drones just by selecting the relevant drone on one of the display screens. Some people have highlighted that they could do so on the Smart controller for the M2P but have to rebind when switching to Mini 2. That is what happens in my case but hey, no big deal.

I've not used the feature, but in the SC start screen there is a Profile button that gets you to a Manage Aircraft tab. I think that tab let's you select from a list of aircraft, and is where you can go to pair new aircraft.

I've not used the feature, but in the SC start screen there is a Profile button that gets you to a Manage Aircraft tab. I think that tab let's you select from a list of aircraft, and is where you can go to pair new aircraft.
I'll look at this when I fly tomorrow. Car day today so no drones until tomorrow!

The Mini 2 and the Mavic 2 Pro seem to run on different modes. When switching between the two aircraft, the smart controller “boots” between these modes.

Mini 2 -> M2P
If I was flying with my Mini 2 and want to switch to the M2P, I stop/kill the Fly app and go to the aircraft management page. There I select my M2P and after a few seconds, the Smart Controller and M2P are connected. I open the Go4 app and off I go.

M2P -> Mini 2
Switching from the M2P to the Mini 2 requires additional steps. I stop/kill the Go4 app and go to the aircraft management page. There I select "Add Device" and then the Mini 2. Once the controller starts beeping, I hit the cancel button. This will bring me back to the aircraft management page. There I select my Mini 2 and the devices connect within a few seconds. I open the Fly app and off I go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S