DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller screen lifting

maggior

Reactions
For any of you that have the smart controller, have you had part of the screen start to lift on the edge? I never thought of it until someone mentioned it in a YouTube video and I checked mine and yeah one edge is lifting. Ugh

Dji said they would replace the controller but I don't want to go another 2 weeks with no controller (they replaced my first one which had calibration issues). It works fine but I worry it will get worse.

I for one would send it back. They are too expensive for that kind of quality issue. Use your original controller until they send it back (or a new one).

Reactions: maggior
You say you don't want to go another two weeks without your Smart Controller, so don't. However, ask yourself what is your alternative. I doubt you have an answer for that, therefore, sending it back is your only option, because I doubt you are prepared to live with it, the way it is.

Reactions: maggior
I for one would send it back. They are too expensive for that kind of quality issue. Use your original controller until they send it back (or a new one).
I only have the smart controller because I got the smart controller MA2 Fly More bundle.

Yeah I'll probably get it over with and send it back. I really hate losing flying time.

Hopefully they can get it fixed or get you a replacement quickly.
That's what I am hoping. When I sent my first controller in, I sent the drone also because I wasn't 100% if it was the controller or drone. The shipping label I got was for Texas. This time I am only sending the controller in and the shipping label was for California! From the east coast, this means an additional day each way for shipping :(.

It's really pushing up against my vacation to the beach where I really want to get some cool footage. So, on Ebay I found a standard controller for a really good price, so I'll have that by Friday. I can fly while I wait for my SC and I'll have a backup. It will also be interesting to see if I notice the performance differences I've heard talked about. I loaded DJI Fly on my phone first to make sure it was compatible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkff