DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller update V01.00.0650

I upgraded mine via DJI Assistant, using Mac OSX Catalina last night. Upgrade took ~30 minutes. I then received that message about needing a reboot, due to the SD card being used for storage.

Now, Google Play crashes consistently. The Google version of Litchi claims it is no longer licensed. The Amazon version does load and run.....but I still don't have the guts to make a test flight.

I hope my experience is of some use.
I deleted and reinstalled Google Play and Litchi. All works great now. All test flights are A-OK. Litchi Mission Hub is syncing perfectly with the SC app.

This was the last time I do an upgrade until all the kinks have been worked out. It was that "Firmware Update Available" message that popped up on my SC that suckered me into being an early adopter! :)

The kinks will never be worked out that’s just the way of software and firmware.
If Microsoft Google and Apple can’t do it what makes you think DJ I can.
The kicker on this one was that they released three versions with the same version number so it was never Apparent that a new version had been released. Not a good practice.
My guess is the firmware Group did not want their boss to know how bad they messed it up so they just figured they would slip a new version in under the radar.
DJI told me to re-upgrade And that fixed it.
it’s one thing not to upgrade to a new version of macOS as the previous version is still under maintenance. But firmware you should upgrade it as these are hot fixes. There could be some issue where everything seems fine until it isn’t.

Reactions: Gindra
Truth be told, I’ve dissected my M1P & Spark, and installed internal Micro SD cards...DJI has removed the circuitry, to guard against mixed mod firmware hacks.

I so wish I could insert a data SIM in the SC. Alas, there is no SIM slot. The LiPo’s look to be normal 18650’s...but won’t be fun to replace.

Reactions: Gindra
You need to use dji assistant to upgrade it again or or will not see any flight records. It's the same version yet the third or forth one.
Even if it says up to date do it again.

Just loaded firmware update. Had to connect SC to computer with DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, as the SC kept saying there was no internet connection even though that was enabled on the SC. Don't do the update unless you have some time . . . took about 30 minutes. Haven't flown with it yet.
No problem flying, took a few tries to update until I pulled the SD card from the Smart Controller then updated immediately. Did not have to use computer.

However, I would like to start live streaming with Instagram, and while I can load it, it won't run. Any ideas?

Thanks - Rou

Reactions: Nando Ace Calderón
I've got a new one... My update is simply stuck at 1% and I cannot do anything. Try to restart the SC and it just vibrates at me. This thing is the opposite of smart. I haven't updated it since I got it, and now I need to update it because I want to use it with my FPV goggles for the video out. What a PITA. It's always something DJI.

I figured out how to restart it. You have to do a factory reset during the stalled update. Of course you do!

I have only just bought the Mavic 2 Pro, I started flying with a DJI Spark which was a great craft to start with For about a year and a half.
After receiving the Mavic 2 Pro I made a few successful flights until it asked for a software update.. I have done the update to V01.00.0510 and after 1 or 2 short flights the camera image was not transmitted anymore to the DJI Smart Controller... I found on this forum to downgrade back to the older version, which I did, camera image worked again after that but image quality was terrible... anybody any ideas for this?
Also, I read about the update 0650?? I don’t even see it in the DJI Assistant 2

kind regards,

Daan.

I had trouble updating smart controller firmware to v01.00.0700, the problem was whenever it downloads the firmware and installs it, it warns that the sd storage is changing to default internal storage and restarts itself. but when it restarts, all same, it is still on the old firmware. and kept repeating the problem.

If you have same problem like I had, just remove the sd storage first, and then install the firmware, which it will work as it should.

There seems like a bug in the installation software that is installing it to the sd storage instead of the right to the boot of the device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803