DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller Updates

willywonker77

Reactions
What's the point of having a smart controller if you get the updates last? DJI should rethink there sales strategy. Surely updates should come to the SC first. I wish I'd known this before buying it.
....just sayin

What's the point of having a smart controller if you get the updates last? DJI should rethink there sales strategy and updates should come to the SC first. Not Last.......or never
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy..

A lot of assumption here... starting with the belief that all drones compatible with the SC would function if not updated or vice-versa.

BTW, what drone are you flying?

I have the SC and think it works just fine. I'd like to get/buy the standard controller for the MA2 to do a comparison. At this point, I only know the SC and think it's easy and very quick to get up and flying.

The user base for the Smart Controller is very small compared to those using a standard controller and mobile device. I don't agree that DJI should prioritize the Smart Controller and its comparably few users (and I say that as a Smart Controller owner).

Besides thinking you are getting updates after other devices, is there anything in particular that is not working or you don't like?

Reactions: Leckhart
I just asked DJI about buying a standard MA2 Remote Controller and was told they do not sell them separately. Anyone know why?

What's the point of having a smart controller if you get the updates last? DJI should rethink there sales strategy. Surely updates should come to the SC first. I wish I'd known this before buying it.
....just sayin
What update a you referring to? The latest DJI Fly app can be installed by downloading the APK file from the DJI download site- works a treat! (Discussed elsewhere on this forum)

Reactions: bburnett15
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123