DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller

Clemulus

Reactions
Having a hard time finding documentation on all the Mavic 2 Pro Smart Controller functions........especially the SD Card slot and the "A to Z's" on all that.........like, what's the role of the SD card in the controller vs. in the drone.....are you recording duplicate data to both. DJI info is hard to find on their site.

Says SD Internal Memory is full! What's the process to clean-up internal, what files you need/don't need..........can someone push me gently to where I need to find info? :)

Sorry....only had this thing a week and think I need a semester course on the intricacies of this drone!

Reactions: TN Ray
Something that some don’t pay enough attention to is the voice telling you that the home point is recorded.
Don’t fly unless you hear that. And sometimes the smart controller doesn’t talk, but it will show you on the screen.
And research the myths on calibration. They aren’t cure all’s. If something needs to be calibrated, same thing, it will show up on the screen.

Having a hard time finding documentation on all the Mavic 2 Pro Smart Controller functions........especially the SD Card slot and the "A to Z's" on all that.........like, what's the role of the SD card in the controller vs. in the drone.....are you recording duplicate data to both. DJI info is hard to find on their site.

Says SD Internal Memory is full! What's the process to clean-up internal, what files you need/don't need..........can someone push me gently to where I need to find info? :)

Sorry....only had this thing a week and think I need a semester course on the intricacies of this drone!
What I like about the sd card in the controller is that I can view my photos and video in the field. After I am home and download the photos and videos from the sd card in the drone I usually delete them from the card in the controller.

Reactions: Clemulus
I know this sounds basic but I want to make sure I understand... if I add an SD card to my SC basically the advantage is that the lower resolution video and still photos from my drone that are sent wirelessly to the SC during flight have a place to stay. I know there is some internal memory in the SC but as many have seen it runs out pretty quick and won't hold much more than a single flights worth before running out... if I throw an SD card of decent size I would imagine it could hold many, many flights worth of images and video (since they aren't the full res versions that are on the SD card *inside* the drone) before needing to be cleaned out? Correct? Thanks...

Reactions: Clemulus
Thanks Boldblue 737 - I was wondering the same thing.......and there is also this flight tracker thing with stats but nothing has shown up yet; like I haven't flown it yet. Unrelated to SC but just something that popped into my head.

My only issue is connectivity for flight approvals. Wish it tethered to my cell phone automatically. Otherwise great
Well, before I fly, I start the mobile hotspot on my phone and the controller then hooks onto the ad hoc wifi. It's working but an even better solution would have been a SIM slot. ;)

Reactions: yankfanp
Well, before I fly, I start the mobile hotspot on my phone and the controller then hooks onto the ad hoc wifi. It's working but an even better solution would have been a SIM slot. ;)
Does your SC tether automatically? Or do you need to click “connect” under Wi-Fi screen?

Does your SC tether automatically? Or do you need to click “connect” under Wi-Fi screen?

it's automatic after the first time, just like any computer/mobile device. only thing i need to do i turn on the hotspot function on my iPhone and then within seconds my SC is up and running with data.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Worked automatically as long as I keep Wifi on, on the SC. ;)
The phone is set to 10 mins to disable the hotspot with no data. That works quite nice with the authorisation process.:)

Worked automatically as long as I keep Wifi on, on the SC. ;)
The phone is set to 10 mins to disable the hotspot with no data. That works quite nice with the authorisation process.:)
Interesting. I tether with an iPhone X. My kids iPads do connect, but SC does not. Always need to hit connect. I need to play with it some more. Maybe an Android-iPhone thing. Thx

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
@RunnerGuy
Probably ... I remind the first two connects were a hassle too: altough the password was right, it wouln't get an IP and the second time I needed to manually re-connect. But the last 2 weeks, everything's working as expected. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: RunnerGuy
Interesting. I tether with an iPhone X. My kids iPads do connect, but SC does not. Always need to hit connect. I need to play with it some more. Maybe an Android-iPhone thing. Thx

I have an iPhone XS and and an SC. The SC auto-connects every time, always has, when I select the hotspot on on the iPhone... I don't need to do anything on the SC. This is my first Android anything device, but I don't think I did anything special other than making sure my it learned my Hotspot and Hotspot password (which I always keep the same.)

Reactions: RunnerGuy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S