DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So this happened.. Broke controller

nencmeister

Reactions
Just got the alientech duo II from China, they shipped it super quick. Literally got it quicker than the phantom rain suit I ordered which is nuts.
I was super excited so first thing I did when I got home from the gym was have a crack at it.

It's a real pain cracking the MA2 controller open, I was using a pry tool and I was not giving it enough force, so I turned it up a notch and boom. Completely ripped off one of the joystick connectors and the other one is barely hanging on. I yell out F$()#$ my neighbors already think I abuse something in my household, it's actually me just yelling at the TV or video game lol.

Anyways I ordered two spare MA2 controllers just in case.. I don't plan on upgrading from this drone for another few years, this has everything I could ask for so I am taking good care of it.

Do you think I should give it a go on trying to repair this controller? Any advice on how to do so if so? MA2 controllers are much cheaper now than they were, they are new on Ebay for $99.00 so sending it to get it repaired wouldn't really be worth it. Also just saw a used MA2 controller for $50, and plenty for $70 (70 is average) I just hate breaking something and not trying to fix it. My stupid negligence has destroyed this beautiful piece of engineering and it's kind of the principle of it, not logic. So I still want to give it a go if anyone has done this before

Thank you!File_005.jpegFile_001.jpegFile_006 (1).jpegFile_000.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Probably a dump of RCs with people upgrading to SCs.

That might be repairable, especially if you haven't ripped out the traces on the circuit board.

Aside from lifting tracks check to see if it broke any, including through the board connections. A magnifying glass or app might be useful.

Reactions: nencmeister
Get a new one, it's probably too much to mess around with micro soldering

Reactions: nencmeister
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll