DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Software for GeoTIFF orthomosaic pictures

satsti

Reactions
Hi, I have made a Ortomosaic with Pix4D for a friend. Then my friend wants to use this picture of a campground to land survey and set up small plots for the caravans. How program can I recommend he to use for this?

I tried to implement this tif. file in Google Earth Pro, but then the image was badly bad. In Pix4d, the quality of the picture is very good.

I'm not sure how experienced you or your friend are or how much money, if any, you intend to spend on software. The best, and completely free way to do this is with QGIS. It's full-featured free software. You will need to know how to use it as it requires some knowledge of GIS. There are others out there, but each has its own learning curve. Bear in mind that without any ground control points your image will not be exactly in the correct geo-location.

I'm guessing you're not in the US, but in the US what you are doing requires a Part 107 certification, and most likely a Professional Land Surveyor license as well. You might want to check your local laws and regs.

Reactions: satsti
I have done similar. I used DroneHarmony to fly the mission. It is not free bu t not expensive. Having the photos i use PrecissionMapper to prepare the orthomosaic. They do 5 free runs a month so no cost. I then use MapWindows 5, also free, to plot th e map and you can then make annotations lines on your map and print it out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329