Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Software question?

• Thread starter Deleted member 136962
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 136962

Hi folks,

I have been editing in Adobe but this comes and goes.

Looking at the Black Magic software and I had tried it on an older version....worked awesome even on the old computer.

Question.....what do you use?

I have moved one from the subscription model and would love to know you thoughts?

Mike :)

I've owned Adobe Premiere, Vegas, and Final Cut Pro. I just switched to Divinci Resolve Pro and I like it. I purchased the Beginner Guide paperback book and downloaded the associated training files. The book is well written.

Used to own PowerDirector 14 which is very unstable on my notebook. It cant use the Nivada graphic card. Rendering is faulty when footages of non-standard formats such as 2.7k H264 from my M2P . Switched to the Davinci Resolve free version. User interface is not as intuitive but performance wise it blows the PD14 out of the water.

I recently used the picture-in-picture function of both software. You can see the big difference :

rendered by PD14 . At first I thought it was normal :

until I saw the result rendered by Davinci Resolve :

Last edited:
At the moment I use Video Pad Editor it is very easy to use.
I have now got Davinci Resolve to work properly ( I had driver problems) but haven't edited anything with it yet.

Hi folks,

I have been editing in Adobe but this comes and goes.

Looking at the Black Magic software and I had tried it on an older version....worked awesome even on the old computer.

Question.....what do you use?

I have moved one from the subscription model and would love to know you thoughts?

Mike :)
I use FCPX and love it - very powerful, relatively easy to use - and huge training support on YouTube and elsewhere. Plus, I really do NOT like subscription software...

Im going to give davinci a shot! I've watched hours upon hours of videos with it and think that is the way I will go. I hate the fact that Adobe went subscription based. I used to use it a ton for photographs but got sick of the payments...LOL

I am putting a list together to make another computer to run it well. I have built a couple of PCs so it wont be too hard.

Im going to give davinci a shot! I've watched hours upon hours of videos with it and think that is the way I will go. I hate the fact that Adobe went subscription based. I used to use it a ton for photographs but got sick of the payments...LOL

I am putting a list together to make another computer to run it well. I have built a couple of PCs so it wont be too hard.
At about the same time as I bought my M2P a year and a half ago, I decided to build a new desktop PC to replace my 9 year old one.

I finally settled on the i9-9900k, 64GB RAM, Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070, and 1TB M2 NVMe storage. Running Davinci Resolve 16 on this PC is a dream....rendering video flys, even at a 4K resolution!

At about the same time as I bought my M2P a year and a half ago, I decided to build a new desktop PC to replace my 9 year old one.

I finally settled on the i9-9900k, 64GB RAM, Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070, and 1TB M2 NVMe storage. Running Davinci Resolve 16 on this PC is a dream....rendering video flys, even at a 4K resolution!

Sweet rig! Im going to go the AMD route this time with the Ryzen CPU. My last rig I built was back in 2008 and it is still truckin! I just use it for web surfing but may see if I can salvage some parts from it. I have a 750watt PSU in the old one that should work with the new build.

Sweet rig! Im going to go the AMD route this time with the Ryzen CPU. My last rig I built was back in 2008 and it is still truckin! I just use it for web surfing but may see if I can salvage some parts from it. I have a 750watt PSU in the old one that should work with the new build.
You are leaning the way I would if I were building it today rather than back in early 2019...the new Ryzen CPU's are very impressive.

You are leaning the way I would if I were building it today rather than back in early 2019...the new Ryzen CPU's are very impressive.

It is amazing how things change from year to year! I have never really encountered a difference with "threads/cores"....the things I do dont really utilize their power...however our IT guys have said that the Ryzen is absolutely amazing! Granted the software has to be able to utilize it.

It is kind of funny .... back in 1993/4 the PENTIUM 90 Mhz build I purchased was $2K or so. Im going to keep this build under that as I already have 3 IPS monitors so those will be reused.

At some point in time you just have to Jump In and go for it.

I also remember as a kid when we got our first computer....a TRS 80 4k color computer....That was back in the 80s so I am dating myself. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143