DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SOLD: Mavic 3 $1,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Mitchell

Reactions
Mavic 3 (non Classic or Pro) in excellent condition with zero accidents. Aircraft, flight battery and controller free from damage of any kind. Aircraft is in perfect working order.
I bought this Mavic 3 new in September 2022. I am the original owner. I currently own many DJI drones and the Mavic 3 has been by far my favorite. I am only selling this Mavic 3 because I bought the Mavic 3 Pro.

The drone comes with DJI Care Refresh valid until September 2023. Care refresh never used so you still have 2 uses remaining.

This drone has already been unbound from my DJI account.

Includes:

Mavic 3 aircraft
1 complete set of new propellers
1 DJI Mavic 3 Intelligent Flight Battery
DJI 65W Portable Charge with USB-C cable for controller charging
DJI RC-N1 controller with sticks, Lightning connector and USB-C connector
DJI Mavic 3 OEM gimbal/prop cover
SunnyLife gimbal cover
Freewell Split ND Filters ND2/16, UV/8, 4/32, 8/64
Lykus Hard Case Titan M320
DJI OEM soft case/carry bag

$1,250.00. Buyer pays shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_1276.jpeg
    IMG_1276.jpeg
    379.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1275.jpeg
    IMG_1275.jpeg
    436.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1274.jpeg
    IMG_1274.jpeg
    378.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1273.jpeg
    IMG_1273.jpeg
    392.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1272.jpeg
    IMG_1272.jpeg
    559.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1271.jpeg
    IMG_1271.jpeg
    387.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1269.jpeg
    IMG_1269.jpeg
    356.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1270.jpeg
    IMG_1270.jpeg
    407.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1268.jpeg
    IMG_1268.jpeg
    447.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1267.jpeg
    IMG_1267.jpeg
    411.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 07.34.03.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 07.34.03.png
    695.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Reactions: Oman
jduga, thanks for the info!
I have been looking at them on ebay. People are hesitant to buy through sites like this or Facebook marketplace unless it's in person. Ebay offers a refund if they never ship you the item. I'm not sure what the fees are, but i'm positive you will make it back in a higher sale price. I'll even put in a bid.

Only problem with eBay is the high fee they charge. The fee can easily negate a higher amount selling price.
I agree nobody likes to pay that additional cost, but the problem here is that I'm not going to Venmo $1000 to someone and just hope I get a drone sent to me. At least with Ebay, I have buyer's protection. I'm happy to buy a Mavic 3 in person but I couldn't find any listings that are near Rochester.

I agree nobody likes to pay that additional cost, but the problem here is that I'm not going to Venmo $1000 to someone and just hope I get a drone sent to me. At least with Ebay, I have buyer's protection. I'm happy to buy a Mavic 3 in person but I couldn't find any listings that are near Rochester.
I hear ya for sure. Actually is just sold this one today to a fellow MavicPilots user. Thank you for the interest.

I hear ya for sure. Actually is just sold this one today to a fellow MavicPilots user. Thank you for the interest.
Thats awesome - If I lived near by I would have jumped at it, all the ones I am looking at on Ebay are going for $1500 and up depending on how many batteries there are.

I have been looking at them on ebay. People are hesitant to buy through sites like this or Facebook marketplace unless it's in person. Ebay offers a refund if they never ship you the item. I'm not sure what the fees are, but i'm positive you will make it back in a higher sale price. I'll even put in a bid.
If you haven't found a Mavic 3 already, I'll be offering mine on eBay in the next day or so. If you like, I'll send you a note when it's posted. It's listed here at Selling Mavic 3 with our without extras.

You're right about ebay providing more security for transactions and some recourse if there's a problem. I suppose the 10% they charge sellers is reasonable.

Sold my M3 last month. Fees were 13.25%. What bothers me most, is that that fee is based on the selling price + State sales tax. In other words, my buyer bid $1701.45 for the drone but had to pay eBay (not me) $1807.79. My 13.25% fee was based on the $1807.79, not the $1701.45.

Screenshot 2023-06-23 073844.jpg

eBay is just a pain most of the time with the scams and high fees. I sold my Sony a7iv and a couple G Master Lenses a couple weeks ago and had at least 5 scammers hitting me up. A few of the scams were actually pretty convincing. I could see how a seller might easily get burned.

I definitely wanted to avoid eBay when selling my Mavic 3. I felt pretty comfortable selling to someone here on the forum especially after a couple phone conversations with my buyer. It's actually nice to work on the honor system for a change. I probably could have sold my Mavic 3 on eBay for a higher amount (higher than ($1,000) but probably would have netted less after the fees and I avoided the dirt bag scammers. I used PayPal which charges a 3% fee but that's still about 10% less than eBay.

Gear Focus - Buy and Sell Camera Gear is a great place to buy/sell camera and drone gear. Ive sold quite a few items there (including my Mavic 2 Pro) in the past few years and never had a scammer. The fees are low and it's owned and operated by good folks.

Last edited:
Reactions: fd123_2000
Yup, but doesn't always work out so well.
In my above case, I had the drone listed here for two weeks before placing it on eBay. Was offering it for several hundred dollars less than my eBay buyer paid for it. Never got any interest or even a counteroffer.
eBay is the marketplace of last resort...

Reactions: fd123_2000
I agree that ebay is a pain, but I was looking at it through the eyes of the buyer. The honor system is great in theory, but the buyer venmos $1000 and they just pray they get the drone delivered to them. So the honor system puts all the risk on the buyer with zero recourse if things go sideways. If I was local I would have jumped at your offer but opted to spend more to guarantee that I'm not getting scammed.

I think you already made your point about this in earlier posts.

All I can say is that it worked just fine for me and my buyer for my Mavic 3. He got a great deal on a solid Mavic 3 and I got it sold. He is receiving it today via UPS and has already paid me. If there is a problem with shipping or any other issue where he doesn't get the drone he paid for I will refund his money right away. Easy.

There are still decent people out there that have no intentions on scamming each other. But if you don't feel comfortable with buying/selling here then use eBay (and get hammered with scams)!

Well I am the guy who bought it. I am totally satisfied. Chris was a straight up guy. The Mavic 3 was exactly as represented. When you use regular PayPal, you do have recourse, it is what the 3% is for. Aside from the PayPal stockholders making a dime or two. It has always come through for me. I am just not overjoyed with eBay's new monetary policy, them having access to your bank account, vice PayPal account. Just does not sit well with me.

Frankly, I have had better luck in buying and selling outside of eBay since they changed their policy. I sold my last four drones on Craigslist or Expedition Portal, face to face (Craigslist, or via PayPal on Expedition Portal). Yes the classified are not a hot mover on this board. Frankly I have only sold a filter on this board. I have sold more of my excess drone equipment on Expedition Portal than here.

I am overjoyed to acquire this one from Chris. It was a quick straight forward deal. I needed a low cost Mavic 3 to modify for my Geology work. Won't be any warranty service after I am done modifying it. Now I just have to sell the spare RC-N1, don't need two.

chris mavic.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BluMav