DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Some fog shots

Dronut

Reactions
Here's some shots I took on a recent misty morning. There's nothing special about them but I like the way the shadows and the light combine and how the colors changed depending on the direction and angle of the shot. The birds are ibises that were circling down to get to a neighbor's property.

Attachments

• c1.JPG
    c1.JPG
    704.5 KB · Views: 47
  • c2.2.JPG
    c2.2.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
  • c3.JPG
    c3.JPG
    329.1 KB · Views: 47
  • c5.JPG
    c5.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 46
  • c6.JPG
    c6.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 44
  • c7.JPG
    c7.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Dronut
This was yesterday morning - day after TS Fred came ripping thru N GA / W NC / and Upstate SC.

Lots of fog and low clouds. Flying over the partly flooded Little TN River near my house.

Attachments

• DJI_0383.JPG
    DJI_0383.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
This was yesterday morning - day after TS Fred came ripping thru N GA / W NC / and Upstate SC.

Lots of fog and low clouds. Flying over the partly flooded Little TN River near my house.
That's a nice shot, tlswift58. That was only our third foggy morning of the year. I'm really looking forward to a day when I have some low cloud over here. Was the wind any different when you got into the cloud layer?

Here's some shots I took on a recent misty morning. There's nothing special about them but I like the way the shadows and the light combine and how the colors changed depending on the direction and angle of the shot. The birds are ibises that were circling down to get to a neighbor's property.
Beautiful photos! Nice job!

It’s always interesting when you get those organic fog lifts, sun streaks and flares. They’re the type of shots you have to get up early or stay late to capture with no guarantee what will happen. Where’s the video clips?

It’s always interesting when you get those organic fog lifts, sun streaks and flares. They’re the type of shots you have to get up early or stay late to capture with no guarantee what will happen. Where’s the video clips?
I only had one video. It was of the area from 120m up and then the flight home. I forgot to stop the recording before I turned the drone off and the file was corrupted. I've since turned on video caching to phone...

I believe the video file is retrievable simply by starting it back up. Google it, cause I had the same issue once and was able to recover the file.
I do a lot more video than photos and most of my photos are panos. While the preferred camera settings are different between video and photos, I’ve captured pretty good images at 1/50 or 1/60. Probably better to bump the ISO up and shoot a higher shutter speed. Typically, if I’m planning to take photos, I’d remove the ND filter and use a higher shutter speed, otherwise it’s not as sharp. Noise is fixable, blur not so much.
As a rule, if I’m flying, I’m running video, even between planned clips. That way, if something happens and it crashes, I have a cached visual reference for retrieval. Also, need to make sure you have cache available. I’ve run out on a couple occasions prior to a crash and not had a video to review.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marriedwithchildren