DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some positive talk maybe.......

The Camera Guy

Reactions
I just wanted to say that in my 2 weeks as an owner, I'm thrilled with the Mavic Pro. I've done some flying that would never have been possible, and the video quality compared to the GoPro is superior, and I don't have the step of removing the curvature of the image.

I'm getting flight times I'm happy with. I like the price of the batteries, the charging is pretty quick and the,available of a multi charger for a reasonable price is great.

After all the negative talk, I just wanted to start something happy. If you are like me and having fun, post it here.

The Mavic is amazing compared to all the other things I have flown and crashed. Range and battery life are solid. Works great with iPhone 7 plus. It's like having a camera on a tripod in the sky.

I agree....I love my mavic....after three months I am still amazed at how high tech it is ....but I am old enough to remember phones hooked to the wall by spiraled cables....LOL

Reactions: Vilco and Phlier
Best birthday present I ever bought myself! This is my first dro...uh...quadcopter and it has exceeded my expectations. This site and the contributors have a lot to do with the experience. My first real project was a video of the eclipse last week (posted in the Photos & Video forum). I couldn't have gotten the perspective I used any other way. I have had very positive encounters with the public, mostly because I have followed the advice I've learned here. I know my place as a newb, but I'm looking forward to expanding this hobby and learning more about my bird.

Reactions: Vilco and Phlier
The mavic pro is one of the best toys of bought myself, it also has steep learning curve but continues to amaze me every time i take it out - and i love these forums, they are a great resource for sharing tips/ideas or simple feedback :) :)

Anthony

Reactions: Phlier
I've had excellent experiences with my Mavic. The posts on a forum like this are largely about problems; and, it's helpful to know what problems might arise, and how they are rectified. But, all in all, the Mavic is a fantastic drone, as was said above, a flying camera, on a tripod, able to get some remarkable images that you just couldn't get otherwise...

Completely agree 100%, I read about a lot of issues on here and I feel very fortunate that I've got a rock solid Mavic. Really amazed with it's capabilities, especially the range through trees and suburbs and it's ability to withstand significant wind.

The only downside for me has been the GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) that's accompanied the Mavic including 10" Asus Zenpad, filters, skins, and now the Mavmount 2. Now just waiting on the new props to be released :D

-Joe

I had been putting off getting a new Mavic in hopes that DJI would put together some kind of Goggles combo, but it looked like a no go on that.

Then last week, after sifting through the Mavic 2 thread confirming that there wouldn't be an upgraded model for a while, I ordered a Fly More Combo and fell in love with it on the first flight :)

Shot this video on my 2nd and 3rd flight and my Dad was so impressed that he had me order one for him too :cool: (should arrive tomorrow)

All was going just smurfy until I called up State Farm to get an insurance policy earlier today and the agent (who was sounded very well informed about DJI products) filled me in on the new Platinum model (ARGH!!)

Still, no regrets.

It's an amazing bird that's light years ahead of my old F550 Flamewheel

I just wanted to say that in my 2 weeks as an owner, I'm thrilled with the Mavic Pro. I've done some flying that would never have been possible, and the video quality compared to the GoPro is superior, and I don't have the step of removing the curvature of the image.

I'm getting flight times I'm happy with. I like the price of the batteries, the charging is pretty quick and the,available of a multi charger for a reasonable price is great.

After all the negative talk, I just wanted to start something happy. If you are like me and having fun, post it here.
On another positive note looks like you should have two weeks left to return it for a Platinum

Completely agree 100%, I read about a lot of issues on here and I feel very fortunate that I've got a rock solid Mavic. Really amazed with it's capabilities, especially the range through trees and suburbs and it's ability to withstand significant wind.

The only downside for me has been the GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) that's accompanied the Mavic including 10" Asus Zenpad, filters, skins, and now the Mavmount 2. Now just waiting on the new props to be released :D

-Joe

I've learned to live with GAS attacks over cameras and lenses, and I think I'm prepared for the latest and greatest Mavics just around the corner. Except for the (relatively) low-res camera I should be happy with mine for a long, long time, and even with that some image stacking techniques make it more than just usable. Only problem is finding interesting places to fly in my dense suburban area.

On another positive note looks like you should have two weeks left to return it for a Platinum

I don't know of any store that accepts returns on drones. Best Buy doesn't, Staples doesn't, same for B&H, Addorama, etc.

I wouldn't return it anyway for such small changes. I'd like to try the props, but that's it

I don't know of any store that accepts returns on drones. Best Buy doesn't, Staples doesn't, same for B&H, Addorama, etc.

I wouldn't return it anyway for such small changes. I'd like to try the props, but that's it
B&H, Amazon and BB, although I have seen YYMV with BB all accept returns. Amazon = 30 btw.

Love your positive view.
I also have a deep passion of flying mr drone whenever I can.

As soon as this African heatwave ends, I'll be flyin' this jewel everywhere ;)

Reactions: harryb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent