DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Somewhere Over the Over-Exposed Rainbow…

TheSnowyPilot

Reactions
C9C542C6-DE05-4F95-8FE1-BA300CF0C6F4.jpeg1837F1A9-098F-4DB7-B404-16DC63FF09F6.jpegThis is incredibly oversaturated I realise, but it makes the rainbow more clear, which of these do you prefer?
The top one is the edited version.

Why not only enhance the rainbow part separated from the rest of the pic... not necessary to over saturate & blow away the highlights for the entire picture.

Reactions: Kilrah
Reactions: TheSnowyPilot
Lightroom, I know how now but have to pay for it.

Get NIK and use Vivesa.

Nice shot, when you have this sort of dynamic range, quickly set it to do a five shot HDR exposure, that was you can merge them all together to compensate for that bright section of cloud where the rainbow is. Nice capture but nothing can be done about that small over exposed section of cloud, unfortunately.

View attachment 136063View attachment 136062This is incredibly oversaturated I realise, but it makes the rainbow more clear, which of these do you prefer?
The top one is the edited version.
They are both way over edited- too much sharpening, etc. I would edit for the over all scene (global tools) and then just use the burn tool to bring out the rainbow.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: Kilrah
The second is the original, not at all edited.
They are both way over edited- too much sharpening, etc. I would edit for the over all scene (global tools) and then just use the burn tool to bring out the rainbow.

Dale
Miami

Get NIK and use Vivesa.

Nice shot, when you have this sort of dynamic range, quickly set it to do a five shot HDR exposure, that was you can merge them all together to compensate for that bright section of cloud where the rainbow is. Nice capture but nothing can be done about that small over exposed section of cloud, unfortunately.
Thank you.

Because I have no clue how to do that.
Consider looking at the targeted adjustments. In the Develop tab, you can use the adjustment brush (shortcut K) to brush on some more saturation and contrast on just the rainbow.

Reactions: merak75
It's in the UK, but you'll need the OP to tell you exactly where in the UK.
I know it is in the UK since the OP's info included his location as "UK". I was hoping for something a little more specific than "somewhere in the area included in Great Britain (England, Scotland, & Wales) and Northern Ireland." Of course, he could have been on vacation in France...

I know it is in the UK since the OP's info included his location as "UK". I was hoping for something a little more specific than "somewhere in the area included in Great Britain (England, Scotland, & Wales) and Northern Ireland." Of course, he could have been on vacation in France...
Well no, the French country side looks very different. And as for where, well that could be a thousand place in England, Wales, Scotland or Ireland for that matter. It looks like that everywhere and I know, because I'm from there.

Therefore, an exact location would be of little use to anyone, since you can find so many places in all corners of the UK that could look the same, without any major landmarks showing, of course. Now the OP has stated Manchester, yet I'm sure you could find a dozen or more locations, just in Manchester, that could look like that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803