DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sound Levels MP2

Talley

Reactions
There was mention of that there is a reduced sound level of the previous mavic's. I have the air and love the size but I know the platinum is quieter.

Does anyone know how much quieter the MP2 is over the MPP? Any reports found online yet?

Supposedly uses the same ESC motors as MPP and props, so hopefully won't be any louder, and the MPP is very quiet.

Paul C

I read the airframe was designed to assist in lowering the noise level. I already ordered the M2P and it's shipped... I have the p3p and the mavic air... I'm ready for 1" sensor and quiet. Tired of attracting attention when I'm shooting photos.

Reactions: bobomet
I FLEW Mine tonight for teh first time and it's definitely quiet

now i never owned a platinum...but i have the Mavic PRO1 with platinum propellers

my conclusion : MAVIC 2 PRO is quiet enough not to bother being scared of disturbing people around

it 's a bit quieter than my MAVIC PRO1 with platinum propellers i would say.

I have a calibrated sound meter and RTA software. I'll compare the noise level vs the mavic air. Currently scheduled to ship to the house on wednesday. Woo woo can't wait.

Reactions: Sentinel5P
I FLEW Mine tonight for teh first time and it's definitely quiet

now i never owned a platinum...but i have the Mavic PRO1 with platinum propellers

my conclusion : MAVIC 2 PRO is quiet enough not to bother being scared of disturbing people around

it 's a bit quieter than my MAVIC PRO1 with platinum propellers i would say.
If you have them both you can compare with a meter app. To give at least a guesstimate.

I have a calibrated sound meter and RTA software. I'll compare the noise level vs the mavic air. Currently scheduled to ship to the house on wednesday. Woo woo can't wait.
The air is out of the league, the M2 will be obviously quieter. I returned my Air for two reasons: noise and unreliable connection.

Reactions: Auspete and Talley
If you have them both you can compare with a meter app. To give at least a guesstimate.

yes i could do that if i managed to put 2 drones in the air at same time

but already without even this i can tell the MAVIC 2 PRO is a lil bit quieter than MAVIC PRO1 + quiet propellers ;)

Reactions: Talley
Not at all. Just same distance by the meter and of course separately. The MP is louder than the MPP regardless of the props, also the motors are more silent on the latter.

Actual loudness isn't as important as the frequency so a simple decibel listing wont really tell much.

There's a youtube video comparing Mavic 2 vs Mavic 1 for noise - the 2 is much quieter. It's in part due to the new blade design, and aerodynamics of the body leading to less turbulence

Its quieter than the mavic 1 but not the platinum. At least according to DJI themselves in the launch event.

There was mention of that there is a reduced sound level of the previous mavic's. I have the air and love the size but I know the platinum is quieter.

Does anyone know how much quieter the MP2 is over the MPP? Any reports found online yet?

One video I saw said the M2P is still louder than the MPP, but AFAIK that was subjective and nobody has done a test with an SPL meter yet. Billy Kyle is probably right on it though. :D

Reactions: Phoenix Drone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kon_boz