DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sound problems?

Wayne

Reactions
I'm getting a loud feedback noise on my recordings when I play them back on the crystalsky. Anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks
Wayne

ok never mind. I tried it a few more times with no problems. I don't know what the problem was but it's gone now.

ok never mind. I tried it a few more times with no problems. I don't know what the problem was but it's gone now.

Do you find the sound from the CS screen that's been recorded using the in built mic really bad? Like very tinny?

You may find the problem was the cooling fan cutting in while you are recording.

I certainly wouldn't rely on the built in microphone as a quality recording device.

I'm not. I just expected it to be as good at least as an iPhone recording with the built in mic.

I'm not. I just expected it to be as good at least as an iPhone recording with the built in mic.

I understand, but even if it was as good, the potential for the fan to cut in and spoil a recording is always going to be there.

You may find the problem was the cooling fan cutting in while you are recording.

I certainly wouldn't rely on the built in microphone as a quality recording device.
No I don't think it was the cooling fan.

Well my sound problem is back. I'm using the velcro mounting which seems to work just fine. But most of the time when I record and playback in the DJI Go 4 app or in the gallery I get a loud screeching sound. I've tried rebooting, switching cables, plugging into both bottom and side usb ports. Still get the noise. But 2 or 3 times it worked great no noise, I just can't pin point the cause. It doesn't sound like the fan.
Anyone have any idea or suggestion? For now I just turn off recording sound.

Thanks
Wayne

Well my sound problem is back. I'm using the velcro mounting which seems to work just fine. But most of the time when I record and playback in the DJI Go 4 app or in the gallery I get a loud screeching sound. I've tried rebooting, switching cables, plugging into both bottom and side usb ports. Still get the noise. But 2 or 3 times it worked great no noise, I just can't pin point the cause. It doesn't sound like the fan.
Anyone have any idea or suggestion? For now I just turn off recording sound.

Thanks
Wayne

I use the Velcro mounting and I have the same problem. Unfortunately the position puts the mic right by the cooling fan of the controller. That's what you are hearing.

I use the Velcro mounting and I have the same problem. Unfortunately the position puts the mic right by the cooling fan of the controller. That's what you are hearing.
I don't know what controller you have but my Mavic controller doesn't have a cooling fan in it. Also I removed the velcro and plugged it in laid it about 4 inches away from the controller on a table and still got the interference.I'll try and link a sample. Anyway I have a 30 day return policy so I'm returning it for a another one.

Dropbox - noise.mp4

Wayne

Did you ever get this sorted ? , I have the same problem , using the velcro until my mount comes in , do the 7.8s have this problem I wonder ? . Is the mic that sensitive its picking up fan noise on controller and / or crystalsky as it has the fan built in as well

They both have fans but I don't think the noise I'm getting is from the either fan. And I removed the velcro and still got the noise. So I returned mine for a replacement with B & H Photo. As soon as I get the new one I'll report back if it solved the problem.

Ok Great , let us know as I've just got my crystalsky yesterday so if this cures your problem I'll have to send mine back for a replacement

A quick update: I got the replacement Crystalsky yesterday. Unfortunately I got another defective unit. The cooling fan was not working at all and it shut it's self down in just a few minutes. Couldn't even get enough time to try it out with the drone. Sending this one back today, should get a replacement next week.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_