DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

South London - Second Flight with Mavic Mini | Footage + Timelapse

KingsleyCng

Reactions
This is my second drone video that I've ever made! Would really appreciate any feedback, thank you!

Edited on the DJI Fly App

Well, you are braver than me when it comes to trees! I like the shots you did and the way it was edited. I do have a couple of comments, as you did ask!

Firstly, the opening was good. I liked the way you showed the shadow of the drone. How I would have ended that was a second or two before, whilst it was still moving. A fade out or other transition. I know it's being picky.

Secondly, the totem pole thingy looked interesting, but we didn't see much of it. I would have liked to see a point of interest rotate, or a lifting up shot.

Lastly, how about fading out the last shot? I always find abrupt endings - well, abrupt!

Very good (and brave) shooting, and good editing:)

Reactions: KingsleyCng
Well, you are braver than me when it comes to trees! I like the shots you did and the way it was edited. I do have a couple of comments, as you did ask!

Firstly, the opening was good. I liked the way you showed the shadow of the drone. How I would have ended that was a second or two before, whilst it was still moving. A fade out or other transition. I know it's being picky.

Secondly, the totem pole thingy looked interesting, but we didn't see much of it. I would have liked to see a point of interest rotate, or a lifting up shot.

Lastly, how about fading out the last shot? I always find abrupt endings - well, abrupt!

Very good (and brave) shooting, and good editing:)

Thank you! It took a few tries to get the tree shot that's in the video now, to get the speed and timing right.

Noted about the transitions, will try to time them better in line with the movement of the drone.

Good shout on the fading out in the end, I have only been editing on the Fly app so far and I don't think there's an option for that but I have thought of a workaround that might do the trick, will try it in the next video! I will try to get a shot of the totem pole next time I'm out as well, maybe even tomorrow!

Thanks for the feedback again! ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121