DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Southwest Montana

Montana John

Reactions
With all the great scenery around here, and the great weather (?), there must be some one else here. I am a new flier in Bozeman with a Mavic Pro Platinum. There is a 30 acre open field out my back door if anyone is looking for a safe fly zone.house.JPG

Montana John:
Looks like maybe you're in the Belgrade area? My sister and mother live in the Belgrade and Bozeman, respectively. I may travel over from Idaho in a couple of weeks. I have a Mavic 2 Pro that I bought earlier this year and have been itching to do some flying. Maybe we can meet somewhere?

Best regards,
Mike

Mike,
I live right between those two towns. It would be great to share air (can't believe I said that). As the date of your visit gets closer, contact me and we'll figure out information swapping. I don't know what the forum rules are on emails and pone numbers. Will try to find out.
John

John,
I don't know what the procedure is for obtaining member contact info either...I guess you have to leave a phone number in a beer bottle under a park bench in a secret location for the other guy to find. I guess we'll figure out something.

So you must live just outside of the five mile radius around the Bozeman Airport? Have you done any flying up around Bridger Bowl or Big Sky?

Cheers,
Mike

John,
I don't know what the procedure is for obtaining member contact info either...I guess you have to leave a phone number in a beer bottle under a park bench in a secret location for the other guy to find. I guess we'll figure out something.

So you must live just outside of the five mile radius around the Bozeman Airport? Have you done any flying up around Bridger Bowl or Big Sky?

Cheers,
Mike
Actually I live in the last LAANC box inside the five mile radius of BZN. This motivated me to get my 107 certificate so I can use LAANC and Airmap to legally fly off my backyard.
Much of the Big Sky area is officially wilderness or private, so it will take more research than I have done to find good locations up there.
I might try the road to Fairy Lake this week. I scouted the Continental Divide area yesterday, but wasn't too impressed.
John

Some other areas you might consider are down by Ennis. There are a couple of peaks down there in the Madison Range (the Sphinx and Helmet) that might be pretty neat to film from a distance from Forest Service roads. The Crazy Mountains north of Big Timber might also be pretty neat to capture in the right light conditions. I just setup a new gmail account that we can use to make contact ([email protected]). I'll only use this account for this type of contact. I'll check it periodically.
Regards,
Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242