DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spark & MPP rc connects?!? (How to Use DJI Mavic Pro's Dual Remote Controller Mode)

jag32266

Reactions
I'm aware as to how to link two controllers with one Mavic. What I'm interested in trying is two different controllers??

My friend has a Spark w/controller and I have a MPP w/controller. What I need to do, for him to help me fly, is link his Spark controller to my MPP.

The goal I'm trying to achieve is _him_ flying the Mavic while I film & handle the camera moves. We need to do a (complicated) tracking or dolly type of move coordinated between a driving vehicle and the MPP. I know there are apps I can use to fly w/o him but the human aspect makes things easier...

So my question is-
"Will his Spark controller link to my MPP so we can have two (dual) controllers mode going?

He lives across town so it's not easy to meet and try this out, so I'm asking trying to save time/effort.

Thx for reading

You'll need 2 Mavic Pro remote controllers for it to work as the MP uses the Ocusync transmission system.
The Spark uses a simpler wi-fi transmission system which is not compatible with the MP as mentioned by RoarRoar.

From a filming perspective as the secondary controller can only control the gimbal vertical movement and other camera controls (e.g video start/stop etc.) I don't see it as adding much value as there is no camera panning capability in the MP. Video editing in post could achieve most of these features.

It might be easier to use "active track" or "follow me" for the moving car scenario your describing. Just watch for obstacles in the flight path and adjust.

Dual controller works better as a training aid to support new flyers who might get into trouble flying.

Last edited:
My intent was #1 controller flying the drone and then #2 controller concentrating on the camera framing. The subject being a moving bus. I wanted the pilot to do the high view 'camera' move of profiling (side view/establishing shot) the bus and slowly moving to the front of the bus and dropping low coming into the front end of the bus but well ahead. All the while the bus was driving- to be coordinated between driver/pilot. It sounds from what you are saying Iaanes, is the #2 won't be able to 'keep' the frame as it will fall onto the controller for #1? As #1 is being used #2 can't control anything.Then you would be right it wouldn't help that much.
Saved me from buying a 2nd controller...

My intent was #1 controller flying the drone and then #2 controller concentrating on the camera framing. The subject being a moving bus. I wanted the pilot to do the high view 'camera' move of profiling (side view/establishing shot) the bus and slowly moving to the front of the bus and dropping low coming into the front end of the bus but well ahead. All the while the bus was driving- to be coordinated between driver/pilot. It sounds from what you are saying Iaanes, is the #2 won't be able to 'keep' the frame as it will fall onto the controller for #1? As #1 is being used #2 can't control anything.Then you would be right it wouldn't help that much.
Saved me from buying a 2nd controller...

For safety reasons I think the driver of the bus and the drone pilot need to be different people.
The drone pilot can then maintain the camera framing and control the drone flying to the side and from the front of the bus.

It probably needs to be a couple of takes (side and front) and then edited/spliced together.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54